cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Auto Login (MII 11.5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to automatically log in to MII to open a particular report? One of the biggest drawbacks of MII is having a report in a manufacturing environment where factory workers do not have usernames and passwords. They rely on their setup guys to log in. It would be nice if I could auto login to relieve some of the hassle.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chip,

Did you look in the help? http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Security/Programmatic_Logins.htm

I haven't tested it, but if the page is an irpt you might be able to append credentials like:

...page.irpt?IllumLoginName=xxxx&IllumLoginPassword=xxxx to the URL.

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And if these are just for pass through and you're not planning on using the Personalization service and navigation you should also inclue &session=false in the URL so as to not create a full user session when you don't need to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I didn't try the help, but I tried to search this forum and the search method was not returning anything. Thanks for your help. I will try it out now.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chip,

For 11.5 stuff, your searches really need to be for all date ranges rather than the default 90 days.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant the search was not working. It kept taking me to the forum's homepage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if I want it to auto login to MII's home page? I do not have a specific target irpt, but I want it to log into MII like a normal user logs in.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the PortalLogin.jsp mentioned in the help docs from my earlier post and just ignore the target=xxx portion of the URL, since it will take you to Service=Personalization by default (you don't have to do anything).

Answers (0)