cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server link in CV01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was in the process of configuring content server for an ECC 6.0.

I had installed the content server version 4.6 in a separate system and its working well.

Then i finished all the configurations relating to creation of repository and linking it to content server through CSADMIN.

But when i go to CV01N, its not showing any link checking-in my attached document into CS.

Am i missing anything???

kindly clarify.

Regards,

Samar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samarpan

We use the term secure storage area to define a storage location that, for security reasons, cannot be accessed using the file manager of the front-end computer. The storage data is displayed in the document info record only in the storage category. The path in the file system and the file name are not displayed. Original files that are stored in a secure storage area can only be processed using the Document Management System.

You can use the storage system as a secure area. The secure area is where data is transported to using the Knowledge Provider. The data transfer is done using the SAP HTTP Content Server interface. This interface ensures that communication with external storage systems only uses industry standards such as HTTP and BAPIs. This can also ensure that your storage system operates correctly in Internet and intranet environments.

For More Details information Check this Link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/26/72a1376f6cd903e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangesh for the information.

But as i informed, the Secure storage area wrt DMS and content category are already configured.

From CSADMIN, i had created a repository and linked it to the content storage too. All working fine.

Is their any separate steps, that i am missing, after which only the kpro connection can be seen, when u try to check-in any document from CV01N???

Regards,

Samar

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samarpan

When you try to Check In the Original Application File for first Time, a pop up appears where you specify Storage Category which you have configured for Content Server.There no link is shown.

If the document type you have used to Create DIR has Setting in DC10 Use KPRO, then you will be displayed all storage categories that you have configured when you check in Original for that document type.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangesh,

I got the link.

So, this is what we were missing.

Regards,

Samar

Answers (0)