cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF-based form - failure in copy and activation function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When copying PDF forms to a Z-form I get the S -message "No vendor specified" but no Z form is created/copied. The same happends when activating a Z PDF form ?

Best regards

Kim Brandt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to copy the standard form into Zform in the following way

Download the standard form XML file and same XML file upload into Zform.

Navigation to down load the xml file

Utilities--> download XML file

Upload the XML file

Utilities---> Upload XML file

After upload the XML file into Zform then activate the form. So you may not the get the problem

Regards

Ramakrishna Pathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse

It is correct that I work in an upgrade. I now get the message "Internal error occurred in SAFP API". I cannot get connected to J2EE through my ADS rfc.

rgds Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

We have the same message appearing when we try to copy an existign form into a 'Z' form. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

This is likely due to an SAP bug that I've seen after upgrading to ECC 6.0. The "default" message in the system is incorrectly set to "No vendor specified". So it ends up hiding the real error message that you're running into. You will likely see this with other programs as well. Luckily it's easy to fix.

The issue is that Message Class 00 Message 001 is incorrectly set to 'No vendor specified' for English (EN). It is correctly set to '&1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8' for German (DE).

To fix it update the message for English to '&1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8'

Thanks,

Jesse