cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost in project

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one in my project i have got a requirement in which in activities i should not post any internal cost to the networks but we have to book the time sheet through cats. I think we can do it through some change in activity type. (In short its like normal project but suddenly my management dont wanna put internal cost to the project) Kindly give me some solution on this.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain your question in detail?it is not clear.

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

The que is i got requirement yesterday in which now i dont have to book any cost through internal activities bcoz as internal cost we are having salary of the consultants. Now HR dont wanna disclose these figures in project. I put 0 in trnsaction KP26 . so that cost can be 0. but when i m trying to run transn CAT2 error message is coming . It means i have to put some figure in KP20 more than 0. Is there any possiblity that i can maintain 0 in KP26. In project i will only book external activity cost and revenues.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Idhasoft, India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So don't use Work centers in the project ,then system will not calculate any costs and will not book the actual costs if you confirm the activity.

Muzamil

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok sir i will try this but one doubt is there can we run cat2 transaction successfully with out having work centers because i need to get time sheet filled on the same activity. Thank for reply.

With Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you want to use the work center then dont assign activity types to the work center, and if you do not want to remove the activity type from the work center just dont assign the activity type in the activity detail screen in the network.

alternatively you can try activity type category 4 in KL02. (not sure whether this will help)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok dont link activity type with work center.So if you assign work center to internal activity and plan some labour hours system will not calculate planned cost because the planned cost is coming from activity type.so use only workcenter in the project.

Muzamil

Answers (0)