SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbilled information structures in IS-U for BW

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am doing the configuration in IS-U for getting data for unbilled revenue reporting, simulation documents...

My problem is, the information structures needs BILLRUNNO field, that exist into the table, however, when I want to select the characteristics from table, doesnt appers.... HOW CAN I SOLVE THE PROBLEM??? How can I add the field to the structure? somebody knows... it is similar to structure standard S440 and S441

Thanks a lot

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel!

I have the cookbook, but for 4.71 version....

Well, I have set up the individual procedure, therefore, now exist one for UIS and another one for Ind Procedure...

Currently, the client has 500 000 customers, and 250000 billing....

What is the best option??? Individual or UIS version????

Thanks a lot for your help.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have found a solution

0 Kudos

whatz the solution? can u pls share with us?

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Sorry, the solution was: create a new catalog in ISU, using the standard, where I added billing run number... After that, I had to create a new info structure seems to S440, and it was necessary to change the actualization field, using the syncronos instead of asyncronus.

All steps I made it in SPRO, SAP utilities, System information. catalog in Data Base, and the other one in Sales statistics.

I hope can help you if not, for more detail, let me know.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case you want to use BW for unbilled revenue (URR), you shouldn't use LIS/UIS information structures at all.

SAP provides a better solution for URR in case of BW. SAP online help provides a very good documentation explaining how to implement and configure. You should think about using the 'Individual Procedure'.

The following link provides you a comprehensive information about the URR.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c6/4dc9d7eafc11d18a030000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards.

Axel

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, however, I have a question.... is it better individual procedure than UIS structure??? if I have done the UIS instead of other solution, I should change it?

And how can I configure it?... only I should not select UIS and other flag in SPRO???

BR

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Axel, confused me!!! I dont know what solution is better, individual procedure or UIS.. because I have not found new documentation in SAP help.

0 Kudos

Hi, UIS and individual procedure doesn't exclude each other. Means, you can use the individual procedure with UIS also.

But if you want to do the individual procedure (and store the values on a granular level - that's often the case), UIS will run into performance issues because of the very high data volume.

That's why you shouldn't use UIS here but BW. Check also our Service Marketplace here.

service.sap.com/utilities -> Product Information -> Business Intelligence -> Cookbooks&Guidlines. There is a link to the help.docu provided.

How big is the customer you want to implement URR (# of customers, # of bills per year/customer)?

Regards.

Axel

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel!

I have the cookbook, but for 4.71 version....

Well, I have set up the individual procedure, therefore, now exist one for UIS and another one for Ind Procedure...

Currently, the client has 500 000 customers, and 250000 billing....

What is the best option??? Individual or UIS version????

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos

Individual might be the best here (but I cannot take the decision for you in this specific project). Generally customers at this size use the individual procedure based on BW (NOT UIS!!!).

Please check the link I provided in my previous mail:

service.sap.com/utilities -> Product Information -> Business Intelligence -> Cookbooks&Guidlines. There is a link to the help.docu provided.

This brings you to the most-recent version of the URR-documentation (still valid in newer releases).

0 Kudos

Quite important to undestand:

UIS and individual is not excluding itself!! You can have UIS using the individual or flat procedure. With BW we normally have individual procedure.

Again. The question IS NOT individual "or" UIS - the questions are:

1. individual or flat-rate procedure? ==> Most customers use the individual procedure

2. UIS, CO-PA or BW? ==> Most customers use BW here.

Hope that clarified. More detail on point 1. and 2. is available in the cookbook I mentioned earlier.

Regards.

Axel

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel!!!

Sorry, but I have one more question.... what is the better for unbilled???? extraction like version 3.x or using 7.... I mean, I should use transformation instead of update rules and etc....

In my opinion is better the version 7 than 3.x, but you are the expert.... what is your recomendation???

Thanks a lot....

former_member364171
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Axel!

Thanks a lot for your help....

Best Regards.