cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depot Sales - Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

1.Can somone help me to understand the Depot process from SD perspective.

2. What would be the document flow and the Config settings required in particular regarding the CIN?

Thanks

Isaac

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friend,

Refer to links

There are enormous thread about these questions, Request you to please search the forum first and then create a new thread.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have gone through the available threads but I could not get the solution Iam looking for.

Process :My client (With one Companycode) transfers the stock to the Depots(as per the client) and sells the material to the customer from the depots.There is no RG23D maintained and all the plants and the so-called depots are under the same excise registration.

1. IF RG23D is not maintained, will this be considered as a depot sale and do we need to use the JINDEP pricing procedure?

2. Is is mandatory to have a separate Exc Reg for Depot plants?

3. I think this is more of a STO where we should use JINSTK pricing procedure.Correct me if Iam wrong?

4. If this has to be handled through SD route what should be the process flow?Is this like the below?

Create STO(ME21N - Doc.type: UB at receiving plant) -

>Create Delivery(VL10B from Supplying Plant)----->PGI( VL02N from supplying Plant)-->Create excise invoice for factory sales(J1IIN)--->GR at Receiving Plant based on Outbound Delivery at Receiving Plant

My doubt is after doing the GR we need to create the Sales order/Delivery and Bill the customer,It will be the normal SD billing process.Pl clarify?]

Thanks

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

If u dont want to use RG23D then dont go for depot configuration......

Create one plant but dont assign this plant as a depot...

I think your process flow will be = Create STO(ME21N - Doc.type: UB at receiving plant) -

>Create Delivery(VL10B from Supplying Plant)----->PGI( VL02N from supplying Plant)-->_Create excise invoice for other movement (J1IS)_--->GR at Receiving Plant based on Outbound Delivery at Receiving Plant.

After GR your can sale that goods to any customer with standard SAP process....

If u have any query then let us know............

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratish,

Thanks for the inputs.

1.In my case the client creates the excise invoice while doing the STO itself(STO between two plant s of the same company code).Say the STO is done for 100KG and excise invoice is created for 100Kg and later transferring to the depot the same qty it will be sold to multiple customers and generate a commercial invoice only and gives the Excise Invoice reference. Does this J1IS suffice this requirement?

2. Do I need to have a separate Distbution channel for doing this STO? The other Dist Chann are Domestic and Export.I can use the same Domestic Dist Channel for the STO as well.Pl cofirm....

Regards,

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Isaac,

If your Plant is registered with the excise dept as a Depot, then only it can pass on the excise benefits to its customer . You need to customize your plant as a Depot in customizing then . When u say your company passes the excise invoice reference to its customers without registering as a Depot, then it is an invalid process. In a sense the customer also cannot derieve the excise benefits (already paid by you before) from the excise authorities. It could be fatal.

Thanks

MKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

I think J1IS will solve your purpose, once you create STO u have to create Delivery Document then only you can create your excise invoice in J1IS with the help of Material movement document....

U can use your already created distribution channel or else u can create new distribution channel it depends on your client requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends. Closing this giving points

Regards,

Isaac

Answers (0)