cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataType character u00F1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i,ve a interface RFC to JDBC. I need created in datatype a field with name 'año', identical to field of database, however, it is not allowed, I get the following message:

"Name contains invalid characters: ñ Only a(A)-z(Z), 0-9, and "_" are permitted"

what I saw in the forum referring to special characters in the payload, not to define a datatype

Is it possible take in 'ñ' in the name of the field's datatype, if so, how is this done?

thanks very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Try this process:

1) First create the data type and the field with out special character.

For your field, take the field name as ano.

2) Then create the message type

3) Then take the XSD of the message type

4) Open the XSD using notepad.

5) Make sure that the encoding is ISO-8859-1

6) Now change the field name to año (Special character u2018ñu2019 is added)

7) Save the XSD

😎 Create an external definition with this XSD

9) Use this External Definition in your mapping.Then your field name will come as u2018añou2019

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siliva

i Am having the same requirement as you, need to define field in the datatype which contains ns0:item (contains : charater).

can you pls explain how did you achieved your requirement.

Regards

Vankadoath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much Akhila,

your response is perfect for me,

however i have a doubt,

how can i to know if code is ISO-8859-1?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open the datatype in IR and switch to the XSD tab...the one beside the Type Definition tab.....here you can see the encoding ...it is the first line itself

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

encoding is specified in the first line...for XSD, XSLT, etc etc...

Regards,

Abhishek

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Like this it will be there in XSD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Every language like Java, C++ etc will have some set of characters that can be used as a variable name. In the same way, XI accepts only a(A)-z(Z), 0-9, and "_" (under score) for creating field names and does not support characters like ñ, if XI is installed in English version.

These set of character depends on the language you selected while

Installing.

You may get that special character with German version

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you won't. German version is the same as the English version, only the menu and button language changes. German special characters are not allowed, either, so try to live with this, Silvia.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek, how can i do write the SQL query in the receiver JDBC channel?, i know to do this in sender JDBC channel, but it doesn't in receiver JDBC channel

former_member732072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Please have a look at the following link and see if it helps.

Best Regards.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using stored procedure, then SQL query would be written in the stored procedure at the database system and not at PI. PI will just execute that stopred proceure.

Just for information, there is an option of writing query directly at receiver side also. For this you may use the action = SQL_QUERY and provide the entire query at the access node of receiver structure.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this blog which explains about receiver JDBC Adapter use and the approach.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Only difference is, this blog explains about sync JDBC receiver and you have modify as per ur requirement.

For document formats of receiver JDBC adapter http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

I hope this will solve ur query.

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Apr 23, 2009 4:19 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create datatype in PI using the characters allowed. At the receiver end, create a stord procedure which will be executed by the receiver JDBC channel. Inside this stored procedure you may write the SQL query using the name of the column field of you table.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

I think it is a XML standard not to accept special characters in the field names.

There is nothing that XI could do in this regard.

I would say, "Whats in a name"...go for another one..:)

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

You are asking for something that has been not been catered to. You need to work with the character set that is available.

Regards

joel