Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Export / import Technical and Business systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am new to SLD administration.

We have task to update the local SLD on the Production PI system PPI ( Target ) with the business systems ZEC, ZSC from the Production Master SLD on Production solution manager system

PSM ( source ) using Export/Import on the necessary technical and business systems.

Please confirm whether i am following correct steps :

Go to SLD Administration on PPI target system

ALL Instances

Instances by Class

Model

( which one of this option need to be selected , please let me know ?? )

Go to SLD Administration on PSM source system.

select Export button ->

Select business systems one by one and perform Export which will create .ZIP file

at local machine.

Go to SLD Administration on PPI target system

select Import button ->

Select Export ZIP file which created in previous steps from PSM and provide location from desktop

Start Import button ( only if you get Continue import option )

Please let me know if above procedure is correct for business systems

if yes then what need to be done for Technical system ??...do they require Export/import also ?

If yes when i go to technical system option i get Export option disabled...but same way when i go to

business systems option i get Export button enable and able to perform the export.

Do i need to only Export / Import business systems ?

Plese help me.

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check following document?

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b00462bb-b7a0-2a10-8da6-f6b89834f8b4]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We have successfully Exported and mported ZEC system from source to target system.

But during import of Technical system for ZSC system , i found an entry already exist in

Target system..

Could anybody guide me ...either should i overwrite this Technical system.

I am not aware how come that entry already exist ....

Should i just overwrite this technical system ZSC in target system.

Or i need to remove present entry from target system first and start import for that particular

technical system ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check what entries are available in ZSC system? May be somebody added manually while configuring SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

It seems entries are added manually .... should we remove and run Import for the same ...

or just try to overwrite .... in case of overwrite option ( as we have open OSS message ) SAP has suggested through OSS message that If you end up with problems when trying to overwrite, then the PPI SLD is broken and will have to be re-built because someone made a manual change to it and got the GUIDs out of synch with the master.

I do not understand if target system PPI SLD gets broken during overwriting operation as mentioned by SAP ... whats is the way / steps / procedure to Re-build SLD .

In rebuilt - process do i need to Import ( Export -> Export lines -> ALL ) the export backup created before start of this activity ? please let me know SLD rebuilt steps and about Remove - reimport issue.

Appreciate you time on this. thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anybody let me know whether i need to overwrite technical system already present or may be

delete existing entry and run the Import for that technical system ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

With correct authrorization roles i was able to Export technical systems also along with business systems... please let me know is Steps which i mentioned is correct ?

If yes ...which Backup i need to run on Target machine SLD before starting Import of Exported ZIP files ?