cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org Unit as Distribution Point for Document Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to maintain a distribution point for the document distribution. Therefore i still have maintained the distribution point (it is an org unit) in the available communication types (INT, RML,..) in SPRO...->Document Distribution->Define Communication Type.

But now every time when a distribution package will be started for distribution I get an error message: "Function <senden> not possible". The package should be send via distribution type INT to the distribution point.

Perhaps the communication type INT is not maintained for the org unit yet?Where can i do this?

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

The distribution point under Type of distribution point and Distribution point is used under the following conditions:

1. If distribution is initiated manually and the Distribution immediately indicator was set without entering an explicit distribution point.

2. If distribution is initiated manually and the

Distribution immediately indicator was not set.

3. If distribution is initiated by an event.

If the "Send to distribution point" indicator is set and no distribution point is entered explicitly, the current user becomes the distribution point if distribution is initiated manually. If distribution is initiated by an event, the user that triggered the event becomes the distribution point.

Follow this Procedure.Also Check all the setting in Define Distributio Types for Distribution type INT

where you mention distribution Point details.You will have to explore alittle bit.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mengash,

we trigger the document distribution by an event (release of a document).

I think for the automatic document distribution the distibution point has to be maintained in SPRO (for every distribution type: INT, RML, etc.) But if we do this no e-mail can be send to this distribution point (it is an org unit). The distribution log gives an error message: "Function <senden> not

possible".

We also still have maintained an e-mail adress for the org unit that is the distribution point (under TA PPOME). This did not solved our problem..

Regards,

Christian