cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want solution manager key for SAP ECC ides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i am trying to install sap ecc60 with sql server but its want solution manager key so can anyone help me to get tht key how could i get tht key so tht i can process futher to install my ides ecc60.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thread locked. Please read Markus' explanation!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I lost my points earlier generating a solution manager key and a mail from SDN group to my offical id stating not to post keys in SDN.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any success in getting the key ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

no can u help me to generate key..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Earlier i have generated a solman key for the requester in SDN, i was not aware of the rules of SDN at that time.Generating the key is against the SDN rule.

Regards

Uday

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Earlier i have generated a solman key for the requester in SDN, i was not aware of the rules of SDN at that time.Generating the key is against the SDN rule.

Yes - just because of above reason

If someone is a valid SAP customer with a contract it's not a problem to get an installation number for a Solution Manager system. In time critical cases one can create

On top of lies the fact, that IDES is not free software, it requires a license as any other SAP system does (just read license.pdf on the installation master DVD). It is a common misinterpretation of many people who think that IDES can be installed "at home for practice" for free.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

so now can u generate this key or not..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> so now can u generate this key or not.

No.

If you read and understood what I wrote then you will know why.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Note 628901 - Order SAP Solution Manager or its installation number

Regards

Uday

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the installation guide - and read what is written on the page of the installation program

You need a working and installed Solution Manager system to generate an installation key.

Markus

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed solution manager in your landscape. run Tcode smsy * generate solution manager key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have not install solution manager i want to install so from where can i get its source...or any other way to generate key...

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Solution Manager is a combined ABAP + Java system. You do not only need that for the installation but also to get patches.

If you want to get the media you need to order it using an OSS call or contact your sales rep. You need a separate installation number for SolMan.

SolMan is required, there is no other way of generating the key. This was done (not only but also) to inhibit people without a valid SAP contract and license to install software.

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

Markus