cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Technical Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any way to change the technical name of a RKF or a CKF?

When I right click on the context menu of any RKF and open the Edit/Properties, I do not see the Tech name editable.

Any chance?

Manesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manesh,

You can change the technical name of CKF and RKF from the table: RSZELTDIR & RSZCOMPDIR

In the table RSZCOMPDIR, Change COMPID (Technical name of Query elements will be stored here)

and also do make changes in the table RSZELTDIR

In the selection of table use RSZELTDIR - DEFTP = CKF/SET

then RSZELDIR - MAPNAME represents the calculated keyfigure or restricted keyfigure.

Changing the value of MAPNAME will change the technical name.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

NK.A

• Dont forget to assign points if useful.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

When you go to Edit/Properties of a CKF/RKF,you will not be able to edit Tech name.You can only edit Description of CKF/RKF.

What is Your reQuirement Exactly?after copying,where are you tyring to paste it?

Pl don't foget to assign points if it helps.

Thanks

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are trying to paste copied RKF into rows where there is no KF structure.Try paste it in coulumns if you have your KF structure in Columns. or in rows if you have Your KF structure in ROWS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

The requirement is simple.We need to follow a particular naming convention. So we thought we can change the ones we created. But we re-created all of them.

Anyways thanks for the help.

Regards,

Manesh

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Manesh,

Assigining points to helpful answers is the way of saying thanks here in SDN

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I did not assign points because,i did not implement it. I recreated those keyfigures.

I have another question.

When we try ot create and save a RKF,first a pop up comes for Package and then another pop up comes for Request.

What does this request mean? Is it just a sequential counter??

Or is it the Request number of the load??

Regards,

Manesh

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Serach in Forum with appropriate Key word or A.H.P...There are Beautiful posts by A.H.P on Transportation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BW you cannot edit and change the Technical names. If you want to change the technical name just copy it and create new one with the desired tech name. Once it is copied you can delete the old one.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I copy it, the paste option is not vsible in the context menu.I am creating the query from BEx. Do I need to go via Query Designer?

Manesh

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manesh,

Just adding this FYI...the Copy and Paste option is a bit deceptive. You can right click and Copy on the left hand side, but you find not Paste here. The Paste can be used in the right hand side like when you want to use the KF in your query. Why would anyone really use this option when you can just drag and drop...dunno, but the option is there

Hope this helps...