Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding fields to CRMST_HEADER_SEARCH_BUIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on CRM 5.0 IC Webclient.

I have one requirement where I want to add few more fields on BuPaSearch view which are not available in Search Object CRMST_HEADER_SEARCH_BUIL.

How can I add those fields using EEWB and not through append structure? Can anybody guide me step-by-step.

Thanks,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer,

I got exactly what you are asking, I did the BP search enhancement quite long back for CRM 4.0.

If I remember correctly what I did was append structure of the BOL search structure and add the custom fields on the screen. Note that this will only display the fields on the search screen, for performing the actual search you have to modify the BOL layerl methods, ie

Go to CRMV_GENIL t-code and see the BP component and its relevant class name ( i guess it is CL_CRM_BUIL ). Now open this class you could see the method get_query_result( ) function. this is function you have to modify to enhance the search.

For modifying the search what you have to do? there are a number of steps for that as shown,

1. Copy the component set ALL to ZALL and save ( via CRMV_GENIL ).

2. Copy the component BP to ZBP and assign it to ZALL

3. Change/Edit the class for ZBP to a Zclass ( CL_CRM_BUIL to ZCL_CRM_BUIL ).

4. Now Assign the Component set ZALL to your DT_REP Application assigned in Profile. ( In case of CRM 4.0 you have to modify the xml. in case of 5.0 you can do it from SPRO ).

5. Put a break point in the get_query_result( ) method of the Z class you replaced and confirm the control is coming in!. If yes proceed to 6.

6. Kudos, now you can modify the get_querry result( ) of the method with your custom fields. the logic you should read and understand from the get_query_result( ) method.

7. Kindly update if it works. if not feel free to revert. I am more than happy to help you!.

Note: that there is a good chance that I might have missed some steps coz I did it way long back in 2006. If you want to try simpler but not suggester option I do know some tricks, I can share it :). But try this one and let me know if any steps not clear 4u.

Also Note that EEWB will NOT enhance the search of BP component !!. so if you add those custom fields via EEWB it wont come in search object ( BOL ). but it will get added to the result Object ( BOL ) and all the master/header level tables.

Regards, Sudeep..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Thanks for the reply.

Transaction CRMV_GENIL doesn't exist in CRM 5.0. Can u please confirm if it is the correct one.

Thanks,

Sameer

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer,

In that case you have to browse through SPRO and see, just browse through / search for genil* related links in SPRO under CRM.

Unfortunately I dont have access to any CRM system at the momment!. let me see if I can help you finding it.

Regards, Sudeep..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

This is the step by step procedure what we have done for appending custom fields to CRMT_ADMINI_BUIL using EEWB.

1. To create the custom fields using the transaction EEWB.

2. Steps to create the EEWB field ZZ_NUM is as follows u2013

i. Go to transaction EEWB and click on Create project and create a new project.

ii. Right click on the project and create an extension for the project giving the Transaction name as u201CCRM Business Transactionu201D and Extension as u201CAdd New Fieldsu201D.

iii. Now right click on the extension and click on Start wizard and run through the wizard.

iv. Give the relevant extension title and click on continue.

v. Select the relevant Business transaction type and click on continue.

vi. Give the names of the required fields to be added along with the Data type and field length( Ex : Number Char, 30 )

vii. Check whether the fields are header level or item level and click on the relevant check box.

viii. Click on the relevant options for application and click on continue.

ix. Now click on the complete button which ends the wizard.

x. The required fields are created and the relevant tables and structures are populated with these fields.

Hope this would be helpful to you.

Regards

Veena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I want to enhance the structure used for BP search in IC webclient. You have suggested to select 'CRM Business Transaction' while creating extension through wizard. Is this what you used for your requirement? Bcos for BP search I dont think this will work. please let me know.

Regards,

Sameer