Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explain CALL FUNCTION 'BP_EVENT_RAISE'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction CO11n User Exit Name - CONFPP05 the following code is added;

CALL FUNCTION 'BP_EVENT_RAISE'

EXPORTING

eventid = 'ZMATBARPRNCO11'

EXCEPTIONS

bad_eventid = 1

eventid_does_not_exist = 2

eventid_missing = 3

raise_failed = 4

OTHERS = 5.

Could someone explain me the FM 'BP_EVENT_RAISE' and the Event ID 'ZMATBARPRNCO11'. How could I find 'ZMATBARPRNCO11' event.

Thanks,

Kishan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM 'BP_EVENT_RAISE' is used to trigger Background Event.

Trigger an event in the background processing system. This function module is for use in programs written in ABAP/4. Triggering an event tells the background processing system to start any background jobs that were scheduled to wait for the event.

You can trigger an event with or without an event argument, a string that more precisely identifies an event. Jobs can be scheduled to wait for an event for the combination of event and a particular event argument.

EVENTID is just an identifier to locate the event.

You can find this event in transaction SWEL/SWE2 transactions.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shashank

9 REPLIES 9

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check <b>BOR</b>

Or u can check using function module

<b>GET_JOB_RUNTIME_INFO</b> Job, Step, Event etc.

regards

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM 'BP_EVENT_RAISE' is used to trigger Background Event.

Trigger an event in the background processing system. This function module is for use in programs written in ABAP/4. Triggering an event tells the background processing system to start any background jobs that were scheduled to wait for the event.

You can trigger an event with or without an event argument, a string that more precisely identifies an event. Jobs can be scheduled to wait for an event for the combination of event and a particular event argument.

EVENTID is just an identifier to locate the event.

You can find this event in transaction SWEL/SWE2 transactions.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

I couldn't find event "ZMATBARPRNCO11" in Transaction SWEL/SWE2. Where could it be?

Thanks,

Kishan

0 Kudos

Hi Kishan!

Maybe the event isn't defined in the system (no automatic transports), check with transaction SM62.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi again,

First you will have to process the transaction, in your case CO11n and then check in SWEL.

Regards,

Shashank

0 Kudos

Hi Christian Wohlfahrt,

In SM62 I could see the Event "ZMATBARPRNCO11". Now I need to track what this Event Calls, Is it a ABAP Program or Job. How could I know this?

Thanks,

Kishn

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SM62 I could see the Event "ZMATBARPRNCO11". Now I need to track what this Event Calls, Is it a ABAP Program or Job. How could I know this?

Thanks,

Kishan

0 Kudos

Hi Kishan!

This event triggers a job - in this job you have a ABAP program.

Check, if there is a job planned - that's the place where the link is defined.

Go to SM37, job name and user , flag also sched. = X, in frame job start condition, select your event (Z events are at the end). If you can't find anything, put also a * into abap program name and maybe try a wider date range.

Still possible, that in an other test client a job was planned, just search every reachable client...

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

I am going to use the same exit but my code ia still not working correct. I have to make modification in co11n such that in the case of 'Co-products' system will propose auto gr. For that i am using exit 'CONFPP05'. But i am unbale to get any useful idea, how to use this. My code still not working.

Please suggest me through your valuable information. If possible just provide me your code

snnipet at my id : pravin.mishra@sify.com.

with thanks,

Pravin