cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Batch in Return Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For migrating clients data to SAP we have developed program to migrate all the datas.We have activated automatic batch management so that during delivery system propoes the batch based on FIFO.In this scenerio when creating Return Order with out ref to Invoice,During delivery system cannot generate automatic batch number?.its difficult to input batch manually where we doesn't know material belongs to which batch?

Can anybody suggest me how to hangle this scenerio?

Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthikeyan

Are you entering your batch number in return order? as you said you are not referring to any preceding document for crating Return order.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

But W/O Batcjh i can't do PGI as batch is mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthikeyan SD ,

Have you configures Automatic Batch management. Then the system will automatically propose the batch for delivery.

As you said yes, if you have activated batch for the material, batch has to be given for PGI to be completed.

But in returns process, with reference to invoice it automatically brings batch.

Regards

sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah you are right.But for migration process i can do return order only without Ref.In this case can you help me functionally how can i handle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said you are creating Return Order then the batch should be the same as it was in the Preceeding Document but here you are not creating Return Order with reference... So it is obvious that the system will not determine batch automatically..

Her in Batch Determination, Batch can be used by three ways..

1. Automatic (U cant use b'coz batch may differ from your precedding document)

2. Reference (Which you are not using)

3. Manually - I think you will have to put batch in Return Delivery Manually

Hope it will help..

Thanks & Regards,

HP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthikeyan SD ,

When you are doing a returns process with reference to Invoice/billing the system automatically displays the batch that is shipped.

Check the link the topic is discussed

[]

Regards

Sathya