cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Travel and expense in ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is using offline travel and expense application in ECC5 using 6.20 ITS. Now we have upgraded our system to ECC 6 .Did any one worked on Offline Travel and expense application in ECC6.

Please let me know if any one worked on this scenario.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

krishnam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you mentioning about prww?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes I am referring to PRWW.

but i need to offline travel expense using excel.

Current scenario is like this in Standalone ITS:

1. User logs into ITS via a link in the Intranet page and downloads the Excel spreadsheet

2. This excel sheet has hard-coded information on the user, personnel number, system information and the URL ink embedded. These cannot be changed by the user

3. User fills the excel sheet offline and saves locally to hard drive

4. When user clicks on the Submit button in excel, it prompts for a login screen (ITS login).

5. After logging on, the data is sent via ITS (excel is launched at the ITS server end) to the backend SAP system were the posting happens

6. Users can view the report after logging on to ITS via Intranet (the same place the download the

excel from)

Can you please let ne know how we can call excel using ITS in ECC 6.0 and the remaining procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. PRWW is not what you want.

2. you need to develop an transaction that can read the excel.

3. there are plentry of functions that can read the excel

4. read the excel and upload respective data in infotypes using a program

5. your requirement can be met by a glorified upload program (BDC).

6. I would not advise this but above is the solution if you want to implement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When the user enters his UID/pwd in the below ITS link he will get option download excel.(button). when he clicks on that he will get excel sheet.

http://host:port/scripts/wgate/yprww

My question is the above scenarion worked in Standalone ITS. But whether this will work on Integrated ITS 7.0. if so how and what settings I have to make?

Please provide me ur inputs...1

regards,

krishnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to create an ITS service in integrated its using sicf called prww with parameters

~DOCUOBJECT DT.ESS_TRV_1000_01

~LANGUAGE

~LOGIN

~PASSWORD

~TRANSACTION prww

This will enable your service in integrated ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already created service PRWW.

when the user clicks on the create tirp under prww, it should call excel sheet, so that i will save it into my desk tyop(offline) and fill the trip details later and submit it when I am connected to client network.

How it will call excel sheet in ECC6. In standalone ITS I have installed excel on the same server, AGate is runnning. That is the reason it is calling Excel.

when it comes to ECC6, it will not support standalone ITS .As excel is not installed on ECC6 system(o/s is unix) how can i invoke excel from the integarted ITS url using service PRWW. Is there any mechanism that i can invoke excel using service PRWW (like RFCOMM ). if so i request you to send me the procedure.

Regards,

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Problem solved on my own. I have installed RFCCOM server and i am ablwe to communicate between r/3 and excel via RFCCOM server and transfer the data in ECC6.0 (ITS7.0).

Regards,

Krishnam