cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No batch no during Outboand Delivery creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is 2 new materials has been created & assign to batch management. Basically all material in my company falls under batch management. We created Sales Order once there is a stock in the plant. Then created Outbound Delivery via VL01N. We noticed that there is NO batch has been picked for new material. Other materials would able to tag with batch no. I'm wondering why there is no batch showed for this new material.

I already checked classification in material master & other field. It's look ok but I'm not sure what is the reason there is no batch tag with these 2 new materials. Kindly advice what should I check or is there any other setting need to add in order to get batch during outbound delivery. Please advice. Thank you.

rgds,

nantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nantha,

If you have maintained the batch in the sales order level itself and if its not coming in the delivery process, then check the copy control from sales order to delviery item level Tick the Update batch. And if its is coming only for the new material then check in the material master sales view whether the batch is Ticked.

regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The batch management in sales view (material master) has been ticked. I tested this in quality server. I would able to view batch no when I use different order type during SO creation (VA01). For exp: when I use order type ZMY1, I would able to create SO & able to see batch in outbound delivery. But I couldn't use order type ZCF1 (which used in prd system) to test this scenario in qas system.

Error : SRS amount has not been specified in Consignment Fill-Up

Message no. Z01006

I wonder this could be a reason for not tag batch during outbound delivery. Please assist me Guru.

rgds,

nantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said it is working fine with the Order Type ZMY1 but it is not working while using ZCF1. Then I think you should check two things...

1) SPRO > Logistics - General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch Check > Batch Search Procedure Allocation and Check Activation > Allocate SD Search Procedure/Activate Check

Here just check whether Search Procedure is assigned to the combination of Sales Area/Order Type ??

2) SPRO > Logistics - General > Batch Management > Batch Determination and Batch Check > Activate Automatic Batch Determination in SD

Here double click on Automatic Batch Determination for Sales Order Items

And check with your Sales Order Item Category is Ticked with Auto Batch Determination or not??

Hope this will help you..

Thanks & Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Thank you very mush for your prompt reply. As you said, I checked both settings.

1) Search Procedure is assigned to the combination of Sales Area/Order Type, noticed that batch check for ZMY1 is not ticked but ZCF1 is ticked.

2) Automatic Batch Determination for Sales Order Items is not tick for both item category ZMY1 & ZCF1.

- Guru, there are batch no for all other materials in same sales order but not the new material that created recently. All materials are use same SO type & having batch no. unlike the 2 new material.

- Eventhough item ZMY1 is not tick in 1) & 2) but I believe system able to pull the batch no. during outbound delivery. Any update on thi Guru

- There is NO batch automatically assign just for this 2 new materials, others are ok. That means there are settings exist in batch management for SD.

I have the error message for said outbound delivery:-

Good movement : error log

MT Area Msg Message Text

E VL 605 The batches are not defined for delivery item 0180

E VU 010 Document is incomplete: You cannot post goods movement

This is the error that user getting during outbound delivery for said SO. Your help is appreciated.

rgds,

nantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

any update..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govindan ,

1. As per you argument, you have activated Batch management for two materials in sales view

2. IMG --> LG --> Batch Management --> Batch Determination and Batch Check --> Batch Search Procedure Allocation and check Activation --> Allocate SD search Procedure/Activate check

You wil have to activate for both the document types ZMY1 and ZCF1

3. IMG --> LG --> Batch Management --> Batch Determination and Batch Check --> Activate Automatic Batch Determination in SD

a.Here you will have to activate "Automatic Batch Determination" for sale order Item category. If you are mainataing two item categories. You should activate for both.

Similar is the case of Automatic Batch Determination for Delivery Item categories. You should activate for your delivery itemm category.

Check the configuration and do the necessary changes as follows

Regards

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos