cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support issues in product costing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can anyone tell me about 4-5 support issues you have faced in product costing and how you have solved those issues .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Madhu,

The following examples may be of help for you...

1. When I run the Standard Cost Estimate of my FG, Activities' Cost was not getting reflected in the Cost Estimate.

Sol: I checked the "Costing Relevancy" check box in the "Operations".

2. I marked to the Cost Estimate and was not able to Release...

Cause: "The Costing Date From" was set to be the start of next month

Solution: We have to delete the Futrue Std Cost Estimate using CKR1 transaction code and again the run the Std Cost Estimate with "Costing Date From" as "Current Date", Mark and Release.

3. I was trying to view the Material Codes in the Cost Analysis of Production Order. There is only one Consumption Account mapped for several input materials.

Solution: You have the opt the check box "Material Origin" in Costing1 view of the Material Master.

4. When I do the Costing Run, system is picking up all the Materials including spares etc. How to avoid this?

Solution: Pls opt for "Do Not Cost" check box in the Material Masters of concerned Materials. Do not Cost doesn't mean that the Materials are non-valuated but at the time of Costing Run, system will not consider these materials to be costed.

5. When I tried to settle the Production Order, system gives the message that "There are no accrued values on the Order since last settlment". But the balance in the Order is not Zero...

Solution: We need to check what is the balance on the Order and what are the costs contributing to that balance. Further, the posting dates of those costs to be checked...Material Issue / Activities confirmed etc. Once we check this, we need to select that Posting Period as "Settlement Period" at the time of settling the Order in KO88.

Pls revert back if you need some more points...

Srikanth Munnaluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry it was a bit late but Thanks to all of you for all ur answers.points assigned.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

1.In a REM scenario,let's assume a product has 2 production versions,now while costing let's assume

the system has considered the first prod.version and released the cost say Rs200/-.

Now in the mid of the month the production people want to book the production based on the second

prod version where the cost may be Rs 250/-.Now how to achieve this?

Check this link to get the solution,

2.A component say A will be used in manufacturing B,C,D,now while taking the cost rollup of B the user

wants the cost of A should be considered fully,while taking the cost rollup of C it should not consider

the cost of A and while taking the cost rollup of D it should consider only 50 % relevant.

Now how to achieve this?

You can remove the costing relevancy indcator in the BOM for the individual component or change its

costing relevancy.just select the component row and press F7 and ->status and long text->costing

relevancy.

3. I will suggest you to go through the daily threads posted here,you can learn a lot.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are few issues I have solved:

1) Cost Estimate of a particular material going to wrong G/L account.

Solution: G/L Account assignment in OBYC is corrected for the valuation class assigned in the material master.

2) Cost component split is not visible in the standard cost estimate run:

Solution: Activity Rates in KP26 are not maintained for the period.

3) Similar error as above even after Activity rate is maintained

Solution: Enter group counter number of the task list to which the operation belong in Routing CA02.

Regards

Harika