cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a new folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed the portal in my system.I am tryig to create a new folder in KM Content. But I could n't create the folder.

Can any one help me regarding this..

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When you enter the folders inside the root folder, there appears a tab - folder under which you can select new folder. You need to enter name and description of the folder and finally need to save it.

You can also create dynamically. Refer this

Regards,

Ganesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

Thanks for your reply. I forget to mention one thing. I want to create a folder inside Root folder. there is no option for create new one.

can you help me regarding this.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

The root folder contains one folder per configured repository manager. Meaning you need to configure a new repository manager to get a new folder entry inside root.

Hope this helps,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me two things.

Can I create new repository Manager.

If yes then can you explain the steps to be followed.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a regular administrative task. See (for instance) <http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/69/d96b7da84611d5993600508b6b8b11/frameset.htm>.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowsika,

U cannot create a new folder under the 'root' folder.

While creating repositories, if u enable them to be visible under 'root' folder, then they will be visible as folders under this 'root' folder. That is the only way for some user defined folder to appear under 'root' folder.

Apart from that all other folders like 'discussiongroups', 'documents', 'entrypoints', etc are created by KM itself.

Regards,

Pooja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank for your replys.can any one explain in detail. how I can set the repositories.

I need one clarification, whether i have to reinstall the portal or shall i do it with the exisiting portal.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a system configuration task. Of course you don't need to reinstall anything for that.