cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload SNP master data for future Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I am working on SCM 2007 and due to client's business requirements, I need to load the SNP master data of the new materials which presently do not exist in my R/3 system and will be produced/introduced after six months.

Client wants to do the forecasting for such materials from now onwards. Since, these materials do not exist in R/3, I cannot CIF and bring the master data in my APO system. Please suggest, how can I load SNP master data for such materials. Is there any standard tool available for the same?

Kind Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Just a thought, will the following work for you? "Creating a(or few) simulation version by taking a copy of active versions and try maintaining the SNP master data for those future materials in that simulation version and carry out your required studies"

Please confirm whether this works for you.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am not aware of any mass creation tools. YOu coul duse some BAPIs or manually create master data directly in SNP. You need to create products, locations, resources, PPMs, transportation lanes and quota arrangements ( if needed).

If you just need to forecast, you do not need the SNP master data to be setup. You can get the sales order data into BW cube ( which is in built in APO) and create CVCs from that and use it for forecasting. If it is forecasting and Supply planning together, then you need a cumbersome task of creation of master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu,

The major requirement involves the Supply Planning as well.

Already I was working on the BAPIs for the master data creation, Just thought if any other standard tool could help me out.

Anyways thanks for the reply.

Kind Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you require product locations only for forecasting I guess you will require only products and locations to be define in APO. I would suggest that you can create a seperate Model for this product locations which is not their in ECC and do the forecasting if it satisfies your business requirement, the reason being once you create master data directly in APO it will not be possible to CIF the master data fom ECC which will create inconsistency.

You can use LSMW also to upload product and location if you are not defining comples parameters like Time phase cost in Product location & their are not many validation which I assume will be the case.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I discussed your suggestion with my functional team members, but looks like this option didn't worked for them.

Thanks for your inputs.

Hello Sanjog,

Is the SCAT similar to LSMW or something else?

I suppose this is also used for loading master data...

Regards,

Rahul