cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time to load 40 Million records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide the information how much time it takes to load data from ODS1 to ODS2.

ODS1 Contains 40 million records which has a look up on ODS2. Its small look up not complex coding involved. How much time approximatly it takes.

2. One more thing Infoset has built on the top of two ODS's and it has huge data volume. Let us say around 25 to 26 Million records are exists. How much it takes query which is built on this InfoSet.

thank you very much for your valuable answers and ideas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You just cant say in how much time does the load will complete.

Its all depends on,how much the server is loaded and how many background WP are available.

My suggestion is,first try to load with selections for 3 to 6 months if you have selections on 0FISCPER and then you can analyze the same and you will get an idea.

Regards

Jagadish

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

harsha,

there is another parameter called number of fields - I could have a DSO with 1 field which takes 1 minute to load 1000 records as opposed to another DSO with many more fields which takes longer. It is not possible to give you a number with just number of records. What you could do is :

a. Compare with loads on other DSO's and EXTRAPOLATE. we cannot do it for you.

b. Load 1 million records to this DSO and do the same as above.

Query response - you have not given any details at all - there is a tool called RSRT and check the query performance there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Currently I don't have the data. I need to give the design and needs to provide the feasibility with parameters.

ODS1 Which has 40 Million records has 18 to 20 fields and ODS2 which has 10 fields with 1.5 Lac records.

Regarding the query out of this user selects the 5 days period needs to show the values for that period.

Result contains 8 characterstics and 10 key figures.

thank you very much for the inputs.