Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object for Profit Center in BW 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have question regarding BW security. I want to restrict users access based on profit center ie i mean to ask is there any authorization object in BW, where i can specify Profit Center values and create role, where i can further assign this role ans restrict authorization to that particulat profit center.

I already have authorization on profit center hierarchy which is old. Now we have new hierarchy, how can I use those authorization object, profiles, and roles to this new hierarchy. If there is quick work around please advise or can tell me how to create authorization object in BW, where i can specify Profit Center values and create role.

Thanks

Robert Courtney

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You have to create the authorization object using the tcode RSSM in BW 3.5 (the procedure is available in BW365 ) and then add the manualy created authorization object in a role via PFCG.

You cannot use analysis authorization for BW 3.5 as the concept is available in BI7.

Regards,

Nilanjan

7 REPLIES 7

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

The authorization concept in SAP BI is somewhat different from the Concept in Standard R/3 ECC. You want find any standard authorization object where you can specify Profit center.

To control access based on your profit center hierarchy try to take a look at the analysis authorization concept [here |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a6c54319-0e01-0010-20a4-fb81ad32f330] or [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bi/authorizationinSAPNWBI&showChildren=false]

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You have to create the authorization object using the tcode RSSM in BW 3.5 (the procedure is available in BW365 ) and then add the manualy created authorization object in a role via PFCG.

You cannot use analysis authorization for BW 3.5 as the concept is available in BI7.

Regards,

Nilanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan/Morton,

Thanks for your response. We already setup authorizations to the old profit center hierarchy. But now we have another which is updated one from SAP R/3 Source system. And I would like to change all this authorization objects to the updated hierarchy. Old hierarchy is uploaded from flat file.

Please advise me what changes I need to do to assign new hierarchy to the existing authorization. Already we have authorization object in RSSM.

Thanks

Robert Courtney.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please some one tell me how to see which profit centers are assigned to particuluar user. Because when I check particular profile in PFCG I can see only one profit center for all profiles. But I know they have more than one profit centers. When I login with different used id in the Bex I can see more than one profit center which is correct.

For example I have a user who is head of one branch in chicago and he assigned three different profit centers but in profiles I can only see one. I know there must some table or transaction to see complete list of particular user or profile.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Robert Courtney.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

As you have informed that authorization object is already maintained in RSSM, you can include the same authorization object manually in the role via PFCG (if this is not maintained).

Also, Maintain authorization of 0TCTAUTHH (u201CAuthorization for hierarchyu201D) in the old role via PFCG. Fill in

the technical description of the new hierarchy authorization created (I assume a new separate Hierarchy authorization has been created for the updated hierarchy).

Regards,

Nilanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

To find which profit centers are assigned to particular user, you can use SUIM tocode, select users by complex selection criteria, In the Authorization object, enter the name of the authorization object(which is inserted manually in one of the role via PFCG) related to the profit center.

Regards,

Nilanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Thanks for your response, I found the solution. Like I was expecting what profit centers are assigned in which TCode.

In RSSM select your authorization object, in authorization tab select AUTHORIZATION OBJECT FOR HIERARCHIES and click on display you can see list of all authorizations which are assigned to different users.

Thanks for you positive response.

Robert.

Edited by: Robert Courtney on Apr 27, 2009 12:10 AM