cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects and Demand Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone combined the functionality of Business Objects and Demand Planning into a single view? The requirement is to provide enhanced analytics (near real-time) within DP. We are on version 5.0. Ideally, it will a single view (table and graph -similar to standard layout) where both DP and BO are called with the same selection. I have a method to access the data near real time. What are the options to acheive this? Any ideas will be helpful.

Regards,

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can connect BO to a BW data source and if your DP is done primarily with semantics of KF in LC, then use the EDS as the data source. An alternative is to just run the extract from DP into your corporate data warehouse and then push the data from LZ to ADS to DM to Universe and then info view.

We are using SCM5.1 (BI7.0) with BO 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave. I created a virtual cube in APO to connect BO. I can retrieve the data fine. I was wondering if there is a way to integrate BO and the planning book so that I will have one view to see both applications. For example, I called /zsapapo/sdp94 and get the planning book and BO analytics. Essentially, I want the BO to replace the standard graphics in the planning book. So, I would have a table at the top and BO dashboard at the bottom of the planning view. Any ideas how to achieve this?

The other question is around using a function module or BAPI to connect a virtual cube to LC to retrieve real time information. Are you aware of any drawbacks to using a function module or BAPI to retrieve data instead of the DataSource?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your first idea sounds very cool, perhaps someday that will be standard, I certainly do not know how to do it. For the 2nd question, the BAPI for the planning books and data views are pretty good in the sense that they provide most (if not all) the data that is relevant from the online session. However, when you get to the order series BAPI, they do not contain all the relevant order data.

Answers (0)