cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML file to ABAP report..gidance needed on approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have an existing ccBPM enabled interface between SAP-ECC and a 3rd party via PI. Currently after all the to-and-fro processing, 3rd party sends an XML FINAL-RESPONSE-FILE to PI, which resides on a folder in PI server. ( Interface ends here)

Now the requirement is that we need to enhance this interface or create a new one which would pick the XML FINAL_RESPONSE_FILE and format the XML data and present it in user-friendly form in terms of a report /alv.

What I want to know is:

1> Should we enhance the existing interface and ccBPM to wait for this final-response file to come and then trigger some BAPI or maybe a proxy to send this data to ECC for further processing.

OR

2> Should we create a sepaarte interface which picks this file asynchronously and sends to ECC for further processing.

OR

3> Should a create an ABAP report, which would pick this file from PI server and format the data and create an report out of it. ( Here I assume SAP must be havinga  fm to convert XML to some internal table readable format)...please advise if there is such an FM.

OR

4> Is there any better approach for my scenario - I am a newbie in ccBPM.

Many thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two suggessions..

1) instead of third party to file on XI/PI server re design the scenario for Third party to ABAP proxy (don't enhance it like third party - file on PI server - proxy)

2) if you don't want to do this then choose Option - 2 i.e. create one asynch scenario.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Two suggessions..

> 1) instead of third party to file on XI/PI server re design the scenario for Third party to ABAP proxy (don't enhance it like third party - file on PI server - proxy)

>

> 2) if you don't want to do this then choose Option - 2 i.e. create one asynch scenario.

>

> regards,

Hi,

I did not follow your approach 1. Can you please explain abit more. All I know about proxy in this scenario is that I can ger Sender-file-adapter to pick this file and then use proxy to send the file to R/3 and process it there.

Regards

Shirin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

avoided the use of BPM. created a new interface instead.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1> Should we enhance the existing interface and ccBPM to wait for this final-response file to come and then trigger some BAPI or maybe a proxy to send this data to ECC for further processing.

No...if you are planning to make the ccBPM wait then avoid this design...it will keep on utilising system resources till the response gets back...

OR

2> Should we create a sepaarte interface which picks this file asynchronously and sends to ECC for further processing.

you can try this one.....rather I would have tried this one:)

If you have a guarentee that the response will come within a stipulated time-period (say X secs...not very large) and if you are not supposed to create a new interface...then go for change in BPM

Regards,

Abhishek.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirin,

Your second and third option are i guess best suited to your needs.

Regards

joel