cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to overwrite standard warning msg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use badi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to change standard sap warning message to error msg. However the standard warning msg still gets displayed and the error msg gets displayed as well. how do only display the warning msg? pls help. thanks.

Edited by: enhancement newbie on Apr 22, 2009 11:53 PM

Edited by: enhancement newbie on Apr 22, 2009 11:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cross application basic settings

--> message control

-->

Influence message control

--> bus2121

--> click message control --> and new entries

--> supply message class and select no which you want and type

BR

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to change the warning msg to error msg using the badi instead of spro?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

honestly i dont know. But SAP recommeds influence control .

Influence Message Control

You can use this Customizing step to influence the message type of those messages that appear on the screen. You can switch off some messages so that they do not appear at all.

If an E message is set up as a W message, then the message appears to the user as a warning message. In this case, the error no longer leads to an incorrect (incomplete) document. This means that you can carry out all those actions that are restricted to complete documents.

If a W message is set up as an E message, then this results in an incorrect (incomplete) document. This means that those actions that are restricted to complete documents are no longer possible here. You can use this facility, for example, to prevent a shopping cart from being ordered before such errors are corrected.

The number of customizeable messages is fixed. The possible message types (including the option to switch a message off completely) are also fixed for each message. See Application Help.

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is not possible to change a standard message that has been issued by standard in the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI. You can retrieve them, delete them, haven't found a way to change them though.

Like muthu says: influence message control is the way to go (the only problem that I ran into is that messages from the backend can't be influenced in SRM and that it's most of the time not advisable to change it in the backend).

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply. It will be very helpful if you can tell me how to delete the standard msg using this badi. Thanks.