cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 Excel Export Compatibility Patch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Where can I download the Crystal Reports 2008 Excel Export Compatibility Patch?

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/cr2008V1/en/xi3_cr2008eecp_readme_en.pdf

I can't find any information about the exact download location on the Business Objects support website.

I searched the Crystal Reports download site, but I can only find HotFixes and Service Packs (does not say if the Excel Export compatibility patch is included).

Kind regards

Jurgen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also after this "patch"

Moved from 8.5 to 2008 and the export function to Excel 2007/2010 is really not right.

How do I go about getting it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend you start a new thread...

Debi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debi, took your advice and started a new thread, thanks!

0 Kudos

So the story is the Rubik's patch has been available from CR 9 up until CR XI R1 as a simple download. In R2 and above to get it you have to log a case, work with a Report Rep to try to design your reports so they use the new export dll. To get you by until you have time to do so, and after filling out a query for the PM to get info on how to possibly improve the updated export dll to meet your needs, he will then send you the patch on the agreement that this is the LAST time you ask for it.

Support no longer has access to the patch so all requests must go through the Program Manager who keeps tract of who received it.

Bottom line is you need to update the reports to use the new export model.

That old legacy dll was bugging and impossible to maintain.

You can purchase a support case here.

This is not a bug and has been this way for 10 years now, time to update your export model and Excel Macro's....

Thank you for your understanding

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

That patch is not available for CR 2008. There are plans for the next release to have a combined old format and new format if all goes well. In the mean time you will have to use the new format.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don, I know this is an old thread, but Im also running into the same issue and am confused by your statement since the referenced PDF doc says this patch is available for CR 2008. Did you mean that the patch is no longer available or supported for CR 2008 for some reason? If so, any idea why?

Im a developer for Oracle/PeopleSoft and our PeopleSoft suite includes OEM Crystal. We recently upgraded to CR 2008 for our latest release and we are getting the same complaint from a few customers about not being able to output the XLS in Excel 8.0 compatiibility mode like before (In Crystal 9, we used the \Export\Excel\CompatVersion=80 registry key to enable this). So if this patch is available, it would be a huge benefit for us to be able to point our customers to it. If not, please still let me know eitherway.

Thanks very much!

Andrew

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We gate access to this patch so that we know which customers have received it. You can contact support directly for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

who should be contacted in order to receive this patch ?

The SAP support told me to ask in this forum.