cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created an Web Service using a standard BAPI. Unfortunately the WS is not working when calling it externally. With externally I mean, that I use the software soapUI (freeware, tool for web´service testing). I created a WSDL from my webservice(using the SOAMANAGER) and imported it in soapUI. When the WS is executed I get an 500 Internal Server Error. I activated the ICF Recorder(transaction SICF) and recorded the webservice call. The WS response has following interesting statements:

To verify that the Webservice is correct I created an consumer proxy in the same SAP system, using the webservice WSDL. I wrote a test program where I call the consumer proxy. In this case, the webservice is called without errors.

Could anyone help?

Best Regards, Edgar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that u have enetered the correct User Name PWD in SOAP UI inorder to send the message to PI

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

see answer for Christian.

Regards, Edgar

CHKNELL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

1) which security profile did you use in the ABAP-Wizard for generating the Webservice out of the bapi?

2) please check this docu, maybe you should try to establish a HTTP Connection first to see if the authentification is correct and works fine...I use WFETCH from IIS to do this (simple type in the header fields). I miss sap-language.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas610/helpdata/en/6f/04d73a90e7322be10000000a11405a/content.htm

If that works, you are sure that you have a SOAP exception. I often use the ICM Trace to see what's going on on low level. Go to /nSMICM and raise the trace Level of the gateway Monitor. If you look at the trace you will see the SOAP Call and the reaction of the SAP system, maybe this helps.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

1) during generation I used security profile 'None'. Now I changed it in SE80 to 'Low' and tested it again, but no success.....

2)I installed WFETCH and tried it. How can I set the header fields in this program?

I selected the following parameters in WFETCH:

Verb: POST

Host: MyHost

Port: MyPort

Ver: 1.1

Path: /sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/z_addeventmsg_basic/001/add_evm_01/add_evm_01 (is this correct? This is the path of the web service)

Auth: Basic

Connect: http

Domain: (no value)

User: My_User

Passwd: My_Passw

I got the following response:

RESPONSE: **************\n

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error\r\n

I examined the ICM Trace and saw that user, password, client and language was tranferred, but also there is you can see a expression "Internal Server Error".

Christian, do you have any further idea?

Best Regards, Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Is there anything which must be configured in transaction SICF?

Best Regards, Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any further ideas?

Best Regards, Edgar

CHKNELL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

If I trust the error message, maybe you didn't specify the right SAP Client, Password (case-Sensitive) or User in your SOAP call?

Maybe you specified all params correct in your ABAP-Proxy? Which binding did you use? URL?

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

in the program soapUI you can specify url header parameters. I did this and I used the parameters sap-user, sap-password and sap-client. I checked the parameter values many times, they are correct.

In the webservice configuration(SOAMANAGER) for my consumer proxy I specified the user and password. As binding I used URL.

Thank you and best regards, Edgar