cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS KPRO Migration of Metadata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We want to migrate DIR KPRO metadata only (Not the orignal attachment, it is already there in the KPRO Server) from legacy SAP ECC system to new SAP ECC system, Is there anyway we can do that?

Thanks,

SamirV.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, DIR Metadata (for Orignal files stored in KPRO content server).

Which we are not able to create in new ECC system (Keep orignal files in the same old KPRO Server) with the help of LSMW or BAPI.

It is trying to store the document again on KPRO server.

Appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks,

SamirV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can ALE this metadata across. I'm not sure of any other methods. That is why I mentioned this is my previous post. You can ALE master data and transaction data but it has to be configured properly.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Apr 27, 2009 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Is there anyway other then ALE to migrate Metadata of KPRO server from one ECC system to other (not the orignal documnts in KPRO server)

thanks,

SamirV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by kpro metadata? The metadata for documents exists in SAP, not kpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Can you please provide more details "How we can do that with ALE".

I want to relink the same original attachment (which is stored in KPRO content server) to the DIR record in the other ECC system.

Thanks,

SamirV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALE (Application Linking and Enabling) is a method of moving master or transactional data between systems. In short, you create an RFC connection between the two clients and this allows you to move the data. Obviously when you move data you would need to ensure the clients are setup the same, but you could use ALE to move characteristics and classes across as well so you don't have to manually create these in the new client.

Do a search in the help file for ALE and you should find lots of information. Generally, the setup of ALE would be a basis function.

Here is some additional information I picked up in a google search:

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_ALE_Introduction.asp

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to migrate the data with ALE in SAP.