cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 on Win2008 & Sql2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to Install PI 7.1 on a windows 2008 platform running sql 2008 or do I really have to install using sql 2005 then upgrade to 2008.

The PAM lists this as supported configuration and the Install guide leads me to believe it is possible but after have a number of problems I found note 1152240 which says I need to install on sql 2005 then do a sql upgrade.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a way to just install or do I have stop my install - uninstall and reinstall sql then start all over.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

The note clearly says

" When SAP Netweaver 7.1 was originally released, SQL Server 2008 was not available at that time and not supported by SAP. Therefore, you cannot use the installation DVDs of SAP Netweaver 7.1 based systems to install a new SAP system on SQL Server 2008. Instead, you have to do the following:

a) Install your SAP system on SQL Server 2005.

b) Apply the required SAP_BASIS and SAP_BW support packages.

c) Apply the SAP kernel patch defined at "Reason and Prerequisites".

d) Upgrade the database release to SQL Server 2008 as described in the "Upgrade and Installation Guide".

I guess that very much answers your question.

Regards

joel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know it is not possible with the current installation DVDs of SAP Netweaver 7.1 to install a new SAP system on SQL Server 2008. So you will have to follow the same approach of installing with SQL 2005.

According to Latest Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1 it is Planned. Have a look at "SAP NetWeaver PI 7.1" PAM here [https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/pam].

Please do let me know if you find something.