cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert monitor PP/DS resource alert default priority error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am seeing DP (Default Priority) column showing error lable in PP/DS alert profile against

1. Overload on single activity resource

2. Overload on Multi-activity resource

3. Characteristics mismatch on resource

Where can I set this right...cos this is leading me to non display of overload capacity though the resource is actually overloaded.

Thanks In advance

Regards

Prasanna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys!

Any updates on this?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Prioritization of Alerts can be changed by implementing either of the below 2 BAdI's:

1. /SAPAPO/AM/SET_PRIO

2. /SAPAPO/AM_ALERTLIST

However, I am not sure how this is going to help you in display of the Resource Overload Alert. Just out of curiosity, have you defined the Threshold limits properly for resource overload Alert??

Please do post your findings...

Regards,

Binod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

I have checked the threshold limits for the resource in the resource master data. Hope that should be sufficient. PLease tell me incase if there are any other preliminary requirements & where should I check them!! I am yet to try the BAdi's. Shall update after trying it!

Regards

Prasanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasanna,

Threshold limits for resource overload alerts are specified in the Alert Monitor profile for PPDS and not in the resource master. In resource master you define the bucket capacity for the resource.

In the Alert Monitor profile, you specify 3 threshold values, namely, information, warning and error. Suggest you take the below steps to see if the Alert profile is really working:

1. Identify a test resource

2. Define the block capacity as per your requirement.

3. Create orders on the test resource such that it becomes overloaded.

4. In the Alert Monitor profile, define a new PPDS alert Profile keeping the below points in mind:

a) Select "Resource Utilization in Bucket(PPDS)"

b) Define the threshhold values for the above three types of alerts

c) Fill the selection of resources tab with the test reosurce and test location

d) DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER SELECTION

e) Save the profile

f) Redertmine the alerts

It should display all the Alerts, if any on the above test resource. One point to note here is that, if in DP column, the alert type is ERROR (ie red) then only the values which are above the Threshold value for ERROR shall be populated.

Kindly take note of the planning version in which you are testing the scenario and it should be same in the Alert monitor profile as well.

Please revert if you are still not able to see the alerts.

Regards,

Binod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the exact process that I was doing where I was unable to get any alerts. Thats where I started digging and landed up with the default priority option. there are no errors displayed when i check for the alerts.

regards

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates on this???

regards

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Idea on this!?