Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SBO and SQL Limits ?????

Hi !!!

I'm concerned about the limits of SQl or SBO with the number of possible rows. My client will generate about 200000 different items in the item master data every year. All are controled by the code bar and are sold like you would guess in lots of quantities to lots of different customer ... +/- 2000. Wich creates lots of invoices and orders...

My concern is to know if there is a limit in rows ??? Knowing that i cant delete items with history it will all cumulate very fast as its a growing company too ...

Is their a limit for SQL or SBO to manage all this ???

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Alain

As far as i know i do not think SQL will be the problem. It should be okay. But SBO, im not so sure. The problem with sbo is that as soon as you have a lot of item codes little things like the choose from list gets slower and slower due to showing the list with all the items and the same will go for the bp. Also the MRP would take forever to run through all those items. Besides that, i think it could handle all the sales and purchasing documents and the finance.

Also remember that your database will start growing very fast. After importing about +- 21000 items the databse could be just over a gig large.

Hope this helps

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question