Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR triggers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Did anyone use HR tiggers for EP provisioning , specailly for New hire

I was hoping I can use parllel work flows by creating intiators at role level , in SAP its not a problem the account will be created and the role will be provisoned

In our organization when they create network account the EP account is atomatically created at the same time and the logon ID in EP is email address , so I guess I cannot use new hire to trigger a workflow just to assign the required role in EP,can I ?

can any one advice me on this ?

Thanks

PKK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it is possible to associate roles with HR Triggers at this point, I've tried to do something similar to what your attempting to do at my company.

- Lets say you setup the HR Trigger Action to "New Hire" Request Type

- The request Type has the following associated actions (Create User, User Defaults, Assign_Roles)

- You setup a default role to be associated with the "New Hire" Request type. You can only configure default roles for Request types that have the associated action Assign_Roles

When the HR Trigger goes off you will get an error that says.

"Error No role seleced for the request.. "

Even though you have the Role mapped to the New Hire Request type, you would need to manually select at least one role in order for the request to submit, which HR Triggers cannot do.

So to the best of my knowledge it cannot be done, but maybe somebody else here has had better luck.