cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link BCS - R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured ECCS but not BCS, so I have some questions about the link with R3, I read in SAP help that I could use 2 methods for upload data to BCS: Upload flexible and Load from Data Stream.

I understand that if I use Load from Data Stream, the information is extracted from GL (852971 note), so I do not need at all ECCS, but if I use Upload flexible I have to prepare the Data Monitor in ECCS in order to extract the information to BCS, is correct my understandig? So I think that the recommendation is Load from Data Stream and in BCS I could prepare the data monitor tasks, this is Balance carryforward, data collection needed for the consolidation of investments, validation of reported financial data, currency translation, etc. Is this correct? in the monitor of BCS I could do the same tasks that in ECCS?

Thanks for your help.

Juany

Mexico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is not need to use ECCS to provide flatfiles for BCS.

The task in BCS would typically be the same as those for ECCS. However the task for transferring the net income to retained earnings in BCS requires a one-sided reclassification method because the corresponding ECCS program is not available for BCS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juany,

SEM-BCS requires just reported financial data. All the rest, including what you already listed, is to be done in the system.