Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit via selection-screen -> Return automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello so far I have a code ....

<b> SUBMIT (p_pname) EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY AND RETURN

USING SELECTION-SET p_vname.</b>

Now what this does is self explanatory. Afterwards I just write the list to the program with the submit statment.

However, instead of using a variant. I would like to have an option that it goes to the selection-screen where the user can input the parameters and return back to the original program afterwards.

When I tried this ...

<b>SUBMIT (p_pname) VIA SELECTION-SCREEN

EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY AND RETUR</b>

What happens is that it goes to the selection-screen, but stays in that program which I submitted and sends the report there. Its only when I press the back button is when it Exports list to memory.

As mentioned my desired process is that after the selection-screen process is done. You return back and the report is generated there. Thank you every one and good day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this behaviour is due to the selection screen being used, sometimes the export to memory clause has no effect due to the coding of the program being submitted. Debug the program to try and discover what's happening. Sometimes programs that do this have an invisible parameter that can be set to overide the production of the report.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chad,

As you need the selection screen of the calling program, unless you exit out of the report, its not going to come out of the program. Once the program is displayed, you will hav explicity come out of it.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think this behaviour is due to the selection screen being used, sometimes the export to memory clause has no effect due to the coding of the program being submitted. Debug the program to try and discover what's happening. Sometimes programs that do this have an invisible parameter that can be set to overide the production of the report.