cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle broken database connections - connection reset by peer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am working with a WebAS 6.40 and try to find a solution to handle broken database connections.

I have created a JDBC Connection with the Visual Administrator.

We are using an orcale database, so I use the driver class: "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"

In the java source code I get a connection of the pool via a JNDI lookup and a DataSource.

Sometimes it happens, that the database is not availlable for a few seconds and it results in the problem, that all connection I get from the pool are not usable anymore.

Because I get a "connection reset by peer" SQL Execption.

I can restart the WebAS and everything works fine, but that cannot be the solution.

So does anybody knows, how I can reinitialize the connections of the connection pool, when catching the according exception?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Sometimes it happens, that the database is not availlable for a few seconds and it results in the problem, that all connection I get from the pool are not usable anymore.
Because I get a "connection reset by peer" SQL Execption.

I can restart the WebAS and everything works fine, but that cannot be the solution.

I believe this correct. isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are also facing similar issue in our application. we have created Datasource for SQL system in the Visual Admin. in application we are requesting for the connection from the Connection Pool and using it for database access.

But some time it fails to connect the database. at such time as soon as we execute the test SQL statement from the Visual Admin datasource, it gets connected. here we need not restart the server.

can you please suggest any solution on this ?

Regards,

Deepak Salokhe