cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design roles in ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,experts:

I did some productive scenarios in ID with PISUPER,Now my key users will do a XI training with a new user PITRAINING in the same system.I want to design the user roles in ID to protect the productive scenarios and their sub-objects like receiver determination,interface determination and so on.

It means PITRAINING can only maintain their own objects.

Is it possible?

Regards

Yu Ming

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Samiullah :

Your doc is useful.

But the key is how to set a specific receiver determination to read-only for PITRAINING.But PISUPER can modify it.

Regards

Yu Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this link will guide u how to do

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/67b340be3dff5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

References

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/67b340be3dff5fe10000000a155106/content.htm

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Seshagiri:

I checked the URL,but no help to me!

HI,Raghu:

Folder exists only in PI7.1.Unfortunately,my sys is PI7.0.

Hi,Prema:

In fact,if i don't assign the roles to PITRAINING,this user doesn't have any auth in ID.The key is how to design the role.

It seems only the folders in PI7.1 can fill this requirement.

regards

yu ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu,

I want to design the user roles in ID to protect the productive scenarios and their sub-objects like receiver determination,interface determination and so on.

It means PITRAINING can only maintain their own objects.

Is it possible?

In ID, if you right click(context menu) on the folder containing your productive scenario, you have an option "Edit authorizations". here you can set the authorization that only the PISUPER should be able to edit hence protecting your objects from PITRAINING

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

give PITRAINING just the developer roles...