cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAL: Deploy changes on printer to targetsystems does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks.

I set up PAL (printing assistant landscape) and deployed the printers from central to target-systems. Adding-/Removing printers from the Target-group works fine (in case there arenu2019t any spools on device).

But in case I want to change the u201Cdestination hostu201D for example in trx spad, the changes wonu2019t be made on the target system after redeployment of the printer.

It only works when deleting and reading over PAL.

I was searching for notes and for information in the PAL-guideline. This use-case isnu2019t mentioned.

Does anybody of you guys have an idea how to deploy these changes to the target-server? Did I wrong configuration, does this work at your site or is this function missing in PAL?

Thanks for your inputs!

Kind regards, Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I'm familiar with these documents. There I haven't found information how or if redistributing of changes from source to target system should work.

The workaround to deploy changes is delete/add the printer from the target group. This canu2019t be the only solution??

help.sap.com "only" provides how to configure PAL and how work with PAL (Create/Delete).

So, the simple question is: If I make changes on a deployed printer in SPAD in the central system and then I distribute it over PAL... why the changes aren't set to target systems?

Greetings, Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to figure the PAL out myself. Does this do what you want?

If you have to change the Spool Server of a distributed Printer in a Target System, you can run report SPCPC_SPOO_SERV_MASS_CHANGE in transaction SE38.

There's also notes:

Note 1240633 - PAL: Transferring the spool server

Note 1230154 - PAL does not transport print options

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas Gafner ,

Could you please check the [PAL Guide |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/801bd6ab-1ce0-2b10-04b8-ea8ae9a54796] and check [Here |] you have a lot about Output Management.

Regards,

S.Manu.