cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about SLD transport setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i'm working on SLD stup and have a doubt about transporting. For every business system you can set-up a target system. so for instance for SAPCLNT500 I want to have as a target SPPCLNT420. for this reason I must have both these systems in my SLD (you can't assing as a target a non existing system). But when I have them both in there, I can't assign the same SWCV to them. It allows me to assign it only to one of these systems.

What is the best approach how to resolve this issue please?

And another question: if I have 2 separate SLDs for each environment. Should I create first both systems in the first of them, set up transport target and then export the target business system to its SLD?

Thank you in advance,

Olian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>But when I have them both in there, I can't assign the same SWCV to them. It allows me to assign it only to one of these systems.

I think u dont require to add the BS to ur SWCV, because ur BS Type is WEB AS.

So just create those entries in SLD and create Transport targets and Groups

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

But when I have them both in there, I can't assign the same SWCV to them. It allows me to assign it only to one of these systems.

Did you try installing the software component on both the business systems before configuring the transport ?

And another question: if I have 2 separate SLDs for each environment. Should I create first both systems in the first of them, set up transport target and then export the target business system to its SLD?

As far as I know, you will need both the systems even in the target environ. In target, you may need to specify the source BS. you can export and import these Business systems into target environ

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu KB on Apr 22, 2009 9:04 PM