Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create inbound delivery (for ASN)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a Bapi or a FM to create an inbound delivery for Advance shipment notification (ASN). This function module for creating will be called in the user-exit in the invoice posting idoc program. The manual way to create this inbound delivery is by VL31N. Any help and there experience will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ramesh

7 REPLIES 7

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You can use this FM/BAPI.

<b>BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE

RV_DELIVERY_CREATE

BAPI_INB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA

</b>.

For IDoc solution, you can use this FM <b>IDOC_INPUT_DESADV1</b>.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

I am testing BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE_31I and BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE to create inbound delivery with PO reference(for VL31N). But when I run the BAPI it does not give any return parameters and also it does not create the delivery. Can you please help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

DSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have the same requirement to create the inbound delivery for STO,

Please can u guide me?

Which bapi you are using.

Regards

Rajan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am facing the same problem, the bapi is returning nothing, I saw some comment about this FM, they say that check IDOC status to see what happened, but i did not find any IDOC created through this FM, can any one help me out this issue?

Former Member

Hi Ramesh,

Use 'GN_DELIVERY_CREATE' FM to Create Inbound Deliveries for ASN.

Thanks,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We succeeded to do something similar.

We needed to create an inbound based on invoice data, with refference to items from multiple PO.

We used FM BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE, combined with enhancement of ME_CONFIRMATION_VIA_EDI for using MARA- MATNR instead of

mara-ematn (standard logic of SAP for vendor ASN).

In this enhancement we filled also fields:

t_kom-vornu = t_data-belnr. "invoice number as precendent document
t_kom-bolnr = t_data-bolnr. "bill of ladding
t_kom-traty = t_data-trans_cat. "transport type.

Also we had to use customizing to not display warning related to different delivery date.

Kind regards,

Valentina

0 Kudos

Hi Valentina,

That was useful information to enhance ME__CONFIRMATION_VIA_EDI to get the material number updated, but then BBP_INB_DELIVERY_CREATE stopped sending back the delivery number, Did you face that issue?

Thanks,

Muthu.S