Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adminstrator Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Does administrator Role is provided by SAP by default or this is Role that Customer Have/Can maintain ?

Best Regards

Ricardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both.

Please try a search before asking questions. "Standard AND roles" would be the term.

Cheers,

Julius

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both.

Please try a search before asking questions. "Standard AND roles" would be the term.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

HI Julius ,

Thanks but it's little bit confusing ,

if i install new sap system do i get the administrator role with all permition or i have to build it from scratch ?

Believe me that i try to search but i don't find nothing unequivocal.

Regards

Ricardo

0 Kudos

The standard roles are only templates. They don't even have authorizations generated for them yet.

You can copy them or build your own. It is up to you.

You are a developer, right? There are a number of discussions about this here already. Try searching for "John AND Cleese".

In the case of a new installation / new client, you use the SAP* mechanism to logon to the application the first time, and from there create your own users and decide on the roles. But I am sure you know that.

At some point in time the auditors also arive...

0 Kudos

HI Julius ,

Thanks,

i write : You can copy them or build your own. It is up to you. ?

From where i can copy them ?

p.s.

I try to search in the forum about John AND Cleese ,and i get nothing worth.

Regards

Ricardo

0 Kudos

> From where i can copy them ?

Search your system for roles where the role name begins with SAP and copy the ones you want t use to your own namespace.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks ,

So basically when install new NW system i get default roles that provided by SAP (begins with SAP) and they are empty ,and I have to fulfill them with authorization from the back-end that i want ?

No default roles are provided by SAP like SAP_ADMIN that i can work with them after i install new system from scratch ?

Regards

Ricardo

0 Kudos

> No default roles are provided by SAP like SAP_ADMIN that i can work with them after i install new system from scratch ?

That's where the profiles like SAP_ALL come in to play. And the earlier mentioned standard user SAP*.

So to start you use the SAP profiles, and right after that you build your own administrator roles using the SAP roles as templates.

0 Kudos

HI Jurjen,

Thanks again,

Can u please describe me the process step by step how i create new roles from in new system,

Assume i want to create ADMIN ROLE

Thanks in Advance

Ricardo

0 Kudos

> Can u please describe me the process step by step how i create new roles from in new system,

I am sorry but I will not do that. Creating roles in the SAP system is a job in itself for which the SAP course ADM940 is the relevant place to start. Giving you a list/sequence of buttons to push will not help you to secure your system. If securing isn't your biggest worry just get started by linking SAP_ALL to your profile and hire a security consultant to set up your authorizations.

The DIY approach would be to search the forums, SAPhelp and other (internet) resources on the use of PFCG.

0 Kudos

> I try to search in the forum about John AND Cleese ,and i get nothing worth.

Okay... [John AND Cleese AND SE80|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=JohnANDCleeseANDSE80&objID=f208&dateRange=all&numResults=15&rankBy=10001]

Ricardo,

I have known you for a long time already from the ABAP forums. After all the questions you have asked there which have ended up rejected you still have 312 of them left, while most other people seem to be able to apply themselves a bit and try something out on their own, or use the search and read the help documentation before starting out with something and then asking the questions.

Have you given up on ABAP after all that effort and trying your luck with security now?

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy when ABAPers show an interest in security, particularly because the opposite is a very sad end result... and you are welcome to ask as many questions as you want to, but they need to add some information value to the forum.

Asking for step by step procedures which are easily searchable or 2 mouse clicks away in help.sap.com or can be obtained from a basic training course in SAP security are not encouraged.

Is that okay with you?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Sure Boss!!!