Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristic - Planning with Safety Days (SZ) using weekly buckets

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a case with SNP Heuristic and Safety days (SZ) in a simply priocurement scenario which seems to not really work.

Demand (FA Cat.)

Week 1 = 0

Week 2 = 0

Week 3 = 100

I want to achieve that SNP proposes the 100 supply a week earlier (week2) --> means use SZ with ~7 days Safety Days.

SNP PlanningBook is in weekly buckets, Demand from DP comes from months to weeks in SNP and sits in FA cat like normal. The weekly demand is placed on Mondays via BADi. Now I start entering Safety Days to the MaterialMaster using method SZ. Using a number of 7 I thought ist would plan supply roughly a week earlier - instead it splits it into 13 units in Week1 and the rest of the supply comes in still in Week3 (87 units). The more I increase the Safety days the more lands in Week1 - but I thought SZ would simply move the whole demand qty forward as specified under "Safety Days" since it is one isolated demand sitting on a specific day (not a weekly disaggregated number).

Any hint how I can control/determine scheduling of SNP heuristic supply planning behaviour using SZ saftey stock planning ... or where is the trick here.

BasisPLOB = 9ASNPSA

Tks

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

This is certainly a very peculiar behaviour that you are experiencing.

I tried to replicate the same scenario in my system and the results were perfectly as expected(ie the supply element is generated 1 week earlier in one single lot).

One thing which you can try is maintain the Lot for Lot procedure and then observe the results.

Another thing to not could be the T-lane duration if it is maintained.

Other than these, cant think of any other reasons for this anomalous behaviour.

Please do share your findings on this issue.

Regards,

Binod

Answers (0)