cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Determination: How to choose mapping at runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have different types of messages coming in from a JMS Queue that need separate mappings and then sent to the same receiver.

I've read this should be possible through Interface Determination. I see how to set multiple Interface Mappings in ID but how would you set conditions so that MsgA goes to one mapping program and MsgB goes to another?

In this NetWeaver Library article it says it should be possible but I cannot understand how to configure:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/ea20e737f33ee9e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

-

Multiple Identical Inbound Interfaces with Conditions

Imagine you enter the following interface assignment.

Inbound Interface | Condition | Interface Mapping

IF_1 | B_1 | M_1

IF_1 | B_2 | M_2

In this case, the conditions are evaluated during the interface determination step. If condition B_1 is true, then mapping M_1 is executed; if condition B_2 is true, then mapping M_2 is executed. The message is forwarded to the same inbound interface at the receiver in both cases. Unlike in the case described above, this does not result in multiple messages with the same payload because only one condition can ever be true at runtime.

-

How do we set the IF_1 question evaluating for B_1 or B_2?!?

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you looked at using the extended reciever determination?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

i have used this to do what you are looking at...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another wonderful UI feature was thwarting me here...

I had added two Interface Mappings and saw no way to add conditions. As soon as I added a 3rd row in Interface Determination then a new column magically appears and gives you a condition editor.

Thanks for the alternate ideas!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this functionality using multimapping in which u have to map accordingly..

for more info go thru this blog: /people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Apr 22, 2009 7:57 PM