Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error during subsequent credit - NEGATIVE MOVING AVERAGE PRICE

Dear Experts,

We are trying to post a Subsequent Credit because of the below scenario.

We have made PO for 1000 rupees @ 10 rupees for 100 numbers.

When we made GR the material doc. value is 1000 numbers.

After this goods are issued.

So at the time of IR there is no stock.

Actual invoice value is now 200 rupees @ 2 rupees for for 100 numbers.

So we passed invoice for 1000 rupees and tried to pass a subsequent credit for 800 rupees.

Logically offsetting entry should flow to "price difference" account. But unwillingly it is flowing to "inventory account" and showing error due to NEGATIVE MOVING AVERAGE PRICE.

Please suggest solution.

Thanks.

- Ganapathi - 96111 01459.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ganapathi,

I feel very sorry for my wrong understanding of the scenario. Now i got clarified from your ellaborations.

Please try this option as i have taken notes from SAP when MAP becomes Negative during Invoice posting.

Try to get some hints from this ( if possible ) to suit your scenario.

Before your posting of the invoice, you need to increase the value of the stock.

1. Goto Tcode MM03, accounting view find the value of the filed MBEW u2013 SALK3 ( Total value )

2. Invoice item value according to invoice ( which you are trying to post )

3. In the invoice verification, change the invoice item amount to a value which is high enough and simulate the invoice

During invoice verification the value of ( 3-2) is posted to sock. It must be > 1. Post a subsequent debit with the amount ( 3+1) u2013 ( 2) for the affected material / Plant through MR22.

This is only to build the stock value and later you can minise according to your requirement.

Regards,

Dilli Babu R

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question