Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBB8 - Client <clientnum> has status "not midifiable".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have given atuhorization of OBB8. But when user try to run OBB8, it gives Client <clientnum> has status "not midifiable".

Our requirement is to Maintain Terms of Payment directly into production.

Please advice below steps will work and is it advisable or not ?

1. In SPRO -> Financial Accounting->Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables-

->Business Transactions->Incomming Invoices/Credit Memo -> Maintain Terms of Payment.

In Mainain Object if I check the "Current Setting" - will it work.

If try to check the "Current Setting" it will ask for Access key as object is going to modified ?

Whether this object "V_T052" is advisable to modify ?

Thanks in advance

Nirav

Thanks in advance

Nirav

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should search the forums (not only security) on the terms: "delivery class" That indicates whether tables can be maintained in productive systems/clients.

For now it looks as if this table needs to be maintained in DEV and transported.

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav

Modification of the object V_T052 is a modification to SAP Standard, and that is never advisable.

On the other hand, your SAP System should of course support your Business Processes and your Requirements, and the modification to the maintenance view that you propose will do the trick. And the risk/cost of this adjustment could be considered as minor.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a standard behavior and you need to open the client to maintain the table.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i agree....to maintain SAP standard tables, you need to ask the basis guys to open the client and then modify the table.

Thanks,

Vinaya

0 Kudos

Hi

>

> Yes i agree....to maintain SAP standard tables, you need to ask the basis guys to open the client and then modify the table.

Yes this will do the trick to, but I would advise against it.

Customizing tables should always be maintained in your development system an transported to production, don't open production for customizing, if you do so you can't ensure that the OBB8 table is the only customizing table that's changed in production - and overtime you will probably find your self in a situation where you have forgotten to close the productive client again, and that other types of customizing has been changed directly in you productive system as well. This can potentially endanger the stability and security of your system landscape.

If you want to maintain it directly in production - change the recording routine on this table only in SE54. It's a change to SAP Standard, (and of course you should avoid changing the standard if it is practically possible) but you will keep the control of your landscape.

And in my book it a bigger Sin to open your productive system for customizing, than it is to change this kind of SAP Standard settings - but that's just my opinion.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Thank you all.

As our requirement is to only maintain master data, we have change recording routine in SE54.

And authorization of OBB8 transaction restricted to only two responsible users only.

Thanksing you ones again.

Nirav

0 Kudos

OB58 is working fine. But when user tries to change Financial Stmt.Vesion i.e. T-Code FSE2.

It again gives Client not modifable.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

FOR FSE2, I HAVE MARKED AS UNANSWERED

0 Kudos

Hi,

For this either you do the change in Dev system and carry the changes to Production or Open the client in Production to make the changes which is generally not advisable.

Regards

Aveek.

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

My colleague asked this for another table (Currencies) which you should be able to modify using SM30 and not have it classified as a configuration change

Note 356384 "Customizing: Current settings in the test system" Was the solution for her problem, do not know if it also works for you.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/356483

Regards Fredrik