cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Problem with SDMJ Correction and Transport of Copies

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - Have an issue and hoping for some help. Here is my scenario:

1. The developer has made is corrections in ECC environment and released the task

2. The action Test Transport is triggered from the normal correction document which successfully creates the Transport of Copies

However, at this point I cannot seem to import the Transport of Copies into the QA system. I tried to Import from SCMA and it shows green (successful), however when I log onto QA I cannot see anything.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The action "Test Transport" creates a transport copy and releases as well as

imports to QAS by a scheduled backround import job.

Import to QAS is done automatically while executing action "Test Transport";

you don't need to import the changes to QAS explicitly using SCMA.

That's the reason you see green icon in SCMA.

If the changes are not imported to QAS after executing the action "Test Transport", then please check the log in task plan SCMA.

If you want more help, please copy and paste the log details here. We will investigate.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sanjay-

Well I was able to do the import into QA however from SCMA only. What background job are you talking about? Ideally I would want this to happen automatically as you stated above.

Thanks for the response,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_PRETRANS will be executed by a scheduled backround job while executing action "Test Transport".

Can you let us know the log details from SCMA.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjai - Sorry for the delay.

The log in SLG1 is showing a warning, but I don't think the details are relavent:

Function module TMW_DELETE_TASKS not in system SM_XXXCLNT300_TMW - See note 1044993

The log in SCMA is showing green. I don't understand what is missing. We are using a R/3 4.7 system as our development and q system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjai-

Do you have any further details regarding the background job that triggers this program? The background job is not being scheduled when I pull the action. The job log is showing this message with a green square, but I know for a fact that the changes arent reflected in my consolidation system

Transport of copies FCEK900121 created and exported

Edited by: SolManiac on May 8, 2009 9:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SolManiac,

1. First check whether the original transport request has any open task. i.e., any empty task or any task that is not released.

2. If so, then delete the empty task or release the task.

3. Now try "Test Transport"

******************Solution as per note 1044993:

"If the transport of copies is started, first all open and empty tasks of an original request are deleted.

Apply the support package mentioned below to the the Solution Manager.

Please note, that additionally the basis support packages have also to be applied to the development systems to be able to delete empty tasks."******************************

So please check whether solution manager and satelitte system have latest support package release of ST-400 and SAP_BASIS as mentioned in the note.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjai-

I am testing this with only one TR request and the only task that is under it has been released. When I schedule this job from SCMA it seems fine but when I try to schedule it from SM37 it doesn't release and import the ToC to my QA system.

What else is missing?

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Import into QAS happens through SCMA only for Normal Correction.

The import action for normal corrections must be executed from the task list. The reason is if you can trigger the import for one normal correction, then all other transport requests in other normal corrections in the same cycle will also be imported at the same time.

This behavior is very dangerous and risky which may lead to very serious result. Therefore, you must go to

the task list and trigger the import action. And usually this job should be done by some one with very high authorizations because it is really an import step within the whole work flow. For more information please have a look at the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/48/db938dceba518de10000000a42189c/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Test Transport action is suppose to make a copy of a transport and import the transport of copies into QA automatically according to SAP's ChaRM elearning class.

It wouldn't be dangerous for it to work this way because it is only importing the transport of copies, which are released changes. You wouldn't make a transport of copies unless you wanted it in QA right? The alernative of going to SCMA and performing the the import is the same task. It's just a pain to a person that wants to test their development or configuration against good data in the QA system. How many times do you see a developer move something to QA, test, redo, move something into QA, test, rinse-repeat 10 or so times until it works right. The transport of copies needs to automatically go into QA to avoid bottlenecks between iterations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

The link is for SDMI Normal Correction proces flow. Can you please provide documentation for SDMJ Validated correction, which is the transacton type that utilizes ToC and follows a slightly different flow.

Agree with Jason and Sanjai. There must be a way to automate this. I don't see the value in this transaction type if the developer must execute scma every time they want their ToC brought into QA....maybe for the original request but not the ToC.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this note. 935060

An import of the transport requests that are created for a validated correction (whether they are transports of copies or workbench or Customizing requests) can only take place as a part of the task list of the respective maintenance cycle. You cannot trigger imports from a validated correction transaction!

This is how SDMJ works as well.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Answers (0)