cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question; Has anyone loaded OITM with 300,000 plus records

Former Member
0 Kudos

if so what was the response time in the Sales Order when doing lookups.

(Looking to SAP b1 for a solution for an Asset manager company with lots of Assets) and the showstopper at the moment is the percieved time it may take to find an asset from a list of 300,000 + (will be growing over time)

Does SAP have some Stress testing statistics

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George !!

We are curently testing a database with over 400 000 items . The lookups are almost instant response. We created over 165000 invoices and 150000 orders in the database too. For now all the reports and queries have excellent response time. When we ask for a sales analysis with all options open it takes about 90 sec to get the report.

By the way the database size follows pretty much with your number of items .... our Database is now 12 gig without the log file.

Hope this Helps

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alain, That certainly Aleviates some concerns,

Just one Question,

What sort of hardware are you running at server side,

Former Member
0 Kudos

IBM Xserver 25

Dual xeon 3.0 gig 4gigs of ram and 6 scsi 36 gig disks mounted in Raid.

While testing we scoped the server and the ram rarely moved form the 2 gig bar... The best thing i guess is to have your os on one disk then have SBO on another disk. You will get alot of performance if you seperate your database and log files on 2 separate disks.Finally we tried to crash the server with huge queries with multiple clients at the same time and it never crashed. We saw that the disk access went up alot but everything went allright.

Hope it helps

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alain, would I be able to contact you Off line,

To get my email address clink on my name on the left then go to Business Card

Drop me a line if this is OK

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

I also have a customer running SAP B1 2005 with over 350,000 items, but It did't work good for me , the application just go to a Not Responding Status for almost 15 min. everytime the call the inventory

The workaround was to create a formatted search on each document that calls the Inventory Choose From List asking the user what kind of items they're be looking and then with the SDK replace the tab key with the Shift F2 using the SendKey method.

It was a DELL server with 3 Disk of 75 G on RAID 5 Configuration , 2 GB RAM, one disk for application the other for Data , SQL Server

Hope it helps

Cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar

jut one hint, you can define the maximum number of row you want to see in a choose from list.

It's in the General setting, tab Display, "No of Row in "List of" Windows"

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien:

That seems like a good solution , but what it actualy does is ask the user if they want to continue because the resulting query contains more records than the one defined on the General Setting . If the user answer Yes, it will bring all the items and if press No it will cancel the action

Thanks in advance

Cesar

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware of statistics publicly available which would really answer your question.

Not sure why someone would want to find an item in a full list of 300,000+ items?

As a consequence it might make sense to use a workaround:

- capturing the initiation of the lookup and entirely replacing it with a Add-On form or

- exploiting the new capabilities of the "ChooseFromList" object - i.e. that you can add own criteria => should significantly reduce the number of records in the lookup... (maybe someone tried already).

A similar discussion can be found here:

The good thing in your case however will be that the number of Assets might grow, but I suppose it won't be 300,000 items per year?

HTH,

Frank