cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication event for new MDM PI Adapter in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have setup the new MDM PI Adapter for MDM 7.1 and have created interface in PI using this new MDM PI adapter. All neccesary steps as mentioned in the installation guides are done.

Also all necessary remote systems/ports/syndication maps are created in MDM, and syndication is running fine on the MDM side (using the syndication server, so not manually!)! The syndication files are created in the Outbound/../Ready folder, so again, on MDM side everything looks OK.

However, when the syndication server has run, there's no syndication event triggered (or at least not captured by the MDM PI Adapter), hence PI is not picking up the files from the outbound folder. It looks like PI is not getting any syndication event, or at least is not catching the event, since monitoring on PI side does not show us any trigger.

Now I have the following questions:

1. Does anyone know how we can verify/monitor if MDM raises any syndication event (the export log in the console of MDM 7.1 does not say anything about an syndication event that is raised, only that the export itself was succesfull)?

2. Is there any additional setup to be done on MDM side in order to make sure that the syndication event is raised as soon as the syndication server is ready (or is the syndication server ALWAYS raising the event, independent of using the MDM PI adapter)?

If anyone else has any experience with the new MDM PI Adapter for MDM 7.1, please share us your valuable information. Thanks in advanve for your answers/advice.

p.s. We are using MDM 7.1 (build 7.1.01.72).

Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you installed MDM PI Adapter refresh Cache in SAP PI.... Some times if the cache is not refreshed, the system will not work ...Try this and let me know....

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also currently experiencing a similair issue. Seems to occur when some sort of matching activity occurs on the MDM Server. What happens is that syndicated files remain in the 'Ready' folder on the Outbound Port. In the PI Netweaver Trace Log files we start seeing this error message:

Jul 13, 2009 4:34:41 PM com.sap.mdm.logging.MdmLogger warning

WARNING: NotificationDispatcher - Connection failure. Original exception: 'java.net.SocketException: Connection reset'.

If we restart the Connector and Adapter from the NetweaverJ2EE Application Admin screen, this files still remain in the READY Folder. However, if i syndicate another data record into that folder, the syndication for that file work as well as for the rest of the files that were sitting in the READY folder. Seems like the "failed" files seem to latch off the syndication event.

Doesn't seem like the stability and robustness is there?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... have the previous posters received any feedback on the OSS messages logged with SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

has there been any feedback / reply from SAP on the OSS message so far?

We're working on version 7.1.02.59 and seem to have the exact same error: The file is syndicated but the PI / MDM Adapter does not pick up the file....it does work with the normal PI file Adapter though.

Any feedback is appreciated, otehrwise I will open an(other) OSS myself.

Greetz,

Andreas

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I setup MDM PI Adapter for PI 7.1 EHP 1 and it works perfectly so far. After the configuration steps: did you restart your PI Server? This helped in my case. And do not forget to clean the cache in the integration builder Please try this as well. Did you activate all CCs in PI or any part that you built?

Good luck!

BR,

Erdal

Former Member
0 Kudos

If any body have the steps or step by step documnet for this integration, please provide me.

thanks,

Coti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

No update yet. We have some problems with PI environment, so testing on that side is pending now.

As soon as we continue, I will update this thread.

p.s. no OSS Message created yet, as we first want to make sure that it really is a bug.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did have a similar problem with the MDM PI Adapter. After stopping and restarting the adapter in the Runtime Workbench it doesnu2019t pick up the files from the outbound folder on the MDM System any more.

The solution we found for this problem is that after a reboot from the Java engine on the PI system the adapter started to work properly.

I already opened a OSS Message about this Problem. As soon as I get more information, I will inform you.

Regards,

Dominique

Former Member
0 Kudos

we opened an OSS Message

Regards,

Fouad,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any updates on this? are you able to find any solution for this? We are also facing the same issue. We are on PI 7.1 SP 7 and MDM latest service pack.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marcel, any news on the issue around the syndication trigger of the new MDM PI Adapter. I did also some testing on MDM 7.1.01.46, the Adapter via the import process is just working fine; however I exprienced the same error as reported by you. Did you created a OSS message for this?

Jeroen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We also don't see any logging in the MDSS logs (in Auxillary section of MDM Console).

We will first switch to DEBUG mode in PI to see if we can find any errors there. Will keep this thread posted with any progress we make.

Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The communication channels on PI side are green, so also on PI side everything looks fine.

Is there any way we can see/monitor the events being raised by MDM or is that not possible??

And is there any way we can find out why the events are not cathed by PI?

Regards,

Marcel

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if this is part of the server logging. You could try the following in Console. Mount your MDS and then your MDSS as "Auxiliary Server". Check if you can see any information in the logs. You could check a change for the MDS Server => Trace Settings, too.

If still the distribution does not work, you should raise a ticket for SAP.

Best regards

Michael

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

as soon as MDSS is running, everytime MDSS syndicates files the event is triggered automatically. There's no need for activation on MDM side.

Let's have a look on PI side. Did you check the Communication Channels on PI? You can do this in the Runtime Workbench Monitoring. You should at least see some green Communication Channels, even though you'Re not yet distributing any data.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We are facing the same issue, everything looks green but nothing moves though the MDM adapter... we are planing to upgrade from MDM 7.1.0.46...

Keep in touch regarding any progress,

Regards,

Fouad,

PS:

1- Do you already actived MDIS (MDM Import Server) and MDSS (MDM Syndication Server)?

2- Check this document, there is a section about MDM Adapter limitation:

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000057972009E/MDM_Vendor_Content.pdf

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fouad,

there's no limitation for the PI Adapter! The mentioned chapter only describes that, if you want to use the PI Adapter with the predefined SAP standard repositories, you have to adjust the repositories first. The reason is that the port for the object messages are delivered for "manual" processing for some good reasons.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for your input, the purpose was mainly to highlight those two components because in our side we found that MDSS settings on MDM side are missing.

Cheers,

Fouad,