cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Email Notification for Newly Assigned Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm having difficulty locating documention for configuring email notification to users when new tasks have been assigned to users in collaboration rooms.

Would I need to configure both subscriptions and notification?

Any documentation or procedural steps to configure notifications and subscriptions would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance...

Dana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In this link check out the configurations given under Groupware, mail configuration is given.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0c/30d624a0fae949902f7a4b2a8f98bd/frameset.htm">mail configuration</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. Based on the feedback from all of you I was able to resolve my problem.

I found that the notification for each task in a collaboration room is available if you select to be notified during the task creation.

I just needed to setup my email channel, channel originator, and bounce my TREX host.

Thanks again!

Dana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dana,

I need to configure email notification for collaboration room tasks as well, please could you provide more details on the steps you used to configure yours.

Thank you.

Collins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dana,

No emails are being sent to the tracker and the person to whom the Task is assigned.

Could you please tell me why you need to bounce your TREX host?

Thanks,

Sudha.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dana,

Please go to <b>System Administration -> System configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Global Services -> Advanced Options -> Notificator Service.</b>

Edit under <b>Orginators notificator.Email</b> and enter a valid email address.

The above process will configure the email address.

Next, go to <b>System Administration -> System configuration -> Knowledge Management -> Global Services -> Advanced Options -> Notificator Service.</b>

Edit under <b>Channels.Email</b> and enter the valid Server type and server name.

This process will configure the Email Channel.

These changes will require the restart of the J2EE engine.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Sunitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should check:

System Administration->System configuration->Universal Worklist & Workflow->Workflow->Mail

System Administration->System configuration->Universal Worklist & Workflow->Workflow->Workflow Notification Settings

Patricio.