cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DiscountScope'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded to WebTools 6 SP01 PL02 and am receiving the following error when trying to create a Coupon. To be honest I haven't really dug into it yet, but seems like something that should be working without manipulation. Was hoping someone could shed some light before I got into it...

The error happened when I tried to click the requirements Save button (not the Header Save button).

Here is the error:

Version 2007.1.652.2

Message Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DiscountScope', table 'NETPOINT_PROD.dbo.OrderDiscountCondition'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider

Stack at netpoint.api.data.DataFunctions.ExecuteScalar(String SQL, IDataParameter[] parameters, String connectionstring)

at netpoint.api.commerce.NPOrderDiscountCondition.Save()

at netpoint.admin.commerce.controls.OrderDiscountCondition.btnSave_Click(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean inclu

Our technical people have been notified.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kristen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange, this isn't happening on my testing server with patch 2..

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, there might be a further problem here. Bryce, do you have the column DiscountScope? I recently upgraded another client to PL02 and they do not even have the column. Now the one that is working fine is a more recent Web Tools install and went straight onto WebCRM SP01 and only recently upgraded to PL01 then PL02. The other client, where I am having multiple issues has been using WebTools for years, prior to SAP. Could that be the problem? They are also having other issues as well. Please let m eknow your thoughts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an FYI, I added Allow Nulls to this field and everything is working fine. I am not suggesting this fix for anyone else, because it is most likely a required field for some reason, but it did resolve the error, of course, and it also allowed me to process coupons. Just a quick fix until someone gets back to me with the "real" solution.

Thanks,

Kristen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see a column called DiscountScope - but then I am only on PL01 - presumably this is new functionality.