cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manger System Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have SolutionManager 4.0, ABAP+Java Installed on Windows details are given below

1).Windows 2003 R2,Standard Edition,Service Pack 1, 32 bit and 4 GB RAM.

2). SAP Support Package 14

3).Database - Oracle 10.2.0.2

4).Kernel Information - Kernel Release 700,Supp.Pkg lvl. 159

With the above config, system is failing (Server Shuts down automatically) on 6th day.We do a restart of the Machine and when checking the Event Logs of the Machine it gives error on Appliaction as

"SAP-Basis System: Operating system call connect failed (error no. 10055)"

We were investigating the issue for the past and could not get any solution.

Will anyone face this type of Problem?.If yes How it can be resolved?.Pl. guide me.

I am thinking of Upgrading the 32 bit OS to 64 bit.Can i go for upgrade without a Solution Manager fresh Installation ?,Pl. assist/guide me with your expertise.

Thanx and Regards,

Unni.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

could it be you got a virus?

to move your system so a 64 bit os, the best method is to do a homogeneous system copy.

this is done by "aditional functions" in the sapinst menu.

First you have to do the copy part of "source system" and then do the part or target system.

in case you will use the same server, you should backup the exported files to be able to use

them after the install of the new operating system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Geert Van,

I do not feel any Virus affection on the Machine,still i will go for a Virus scanning because online scanning is not performing on this machine.

I wonder if it's Virus affected, Machine will not work for a Day also ?.

Anyway i have to resolve the issue of restarting the Machine,SAP serrvices on every 6th day either by upgrade OS 32 bit to 64 bit or if any other opinion are there on this issue in this forum, pl. update.

Thnaks,

Unni.