cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0TCTROLE is not found from RSA6 or RSA5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load master data and text for this IO, but I can't seem to find it in R3 to activate it for use to replicate on the BW side for creating an InfoSource. It is activated and active from the BW side.

Please advise.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I found it and it is attached to a datasource from BW to itself. I loaded the master data and texts but we have some custom roles from the R3 side that require to be loaded to BW for text reporting purposes.

I am not sure what's going on. I think I would have to include the texts with the data transfer from R3 to BW or write an ABAP to move the text to a custom IO for roles and change my IC to use the custom IO.

What would think the best approach should be?

Thank you.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

0tctrole is business technical content object,

i think ...

if you don't want r/3 role values mix with bw's, i do suggest you to create another infoobject with

similar properties 0tctrole (use 'template' when create infoobjects), then create a multiprovider to join these 2 infoobjects and report from it.

to populate role's data from r/3 to bw, yes you can create a custom/generic datasource (RSO2) e.g ZROLE_TEXT choose option 'Texts' (master data text) and use method 'table/view', role's table is AGR_TEXTS (for code and description, other role table can check AGR_*), you want filter by language, so in datasource screen mark 'selection' for SPRAS and save. replicate this datasource to bw and assign to that infoobject's infosource and schedule infopackage to upload. if any error occured, set infopackage option 'ignore duplicate..' (since there is LINE field in that datasource).

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

I created a Z InfoObject but I don't see the IO from the InfoSources to start assigning the DS from R3 to it. Is there something else that I have to do in order to have the IO to show from the InfoSources?

Thank you

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Crystal,

rsa1->infosource->right click from application component you want that infoobject's infosource put, 'create infosource' and choose direct update/master data and specify your infoobject.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P.

Thank you for the super quick reply. I should have realized that was one of the choices when creating an InfoSources.

Thanks again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

0TCTROLE is a BW object and you would not find it in R/3 system. Search for it in RSA1 -> Business Content in the BW System.

Bye

Dinesh